Wheel Travel?

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Whats the best way to get 14-15 inches of travel out of the rear of a baja bug. I have a set of 2.5 inch 12 inch travel coilovers to use. Whats the cost of the parts?

nothing feels better than to pass somebody through the whoops, well... almost nothing :)

martininsocal

Reaction
3x3's- about 350 bucks
930 CV's and the parts, about 500 bucks
Smile on your face as you blow away your friends trucks...Priceless

If your gonna go, go BIG

JeffS

Reaction
Martin... where's the best place to get those parts for those prices ??

Thanks...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.RedRockOffroad.com>http://www.RedRockOffroad.com</A> - There is a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

DailyPedal

Reaction
Didn't you already get the answers to these questions on the other post? And as far as Martin, make some calls, you will find that he is off by several hundred dollars. And didn't factor in the stubs, bearings, spacers bolts, flanges, cages, axles...etc...and $350 for arms would be those cheap Asian ripp-off arms. 67Baja, make your own calls before you get a bunch of misinformation and watch out for the cheap junk.

desertracer

Reaction
Give Kartek a call, they can work out a total package for you so you get everything you need.

MDR Class 1

martininsocal

Reaction
Daily- You can find American arms for 350...just look at places other than the big names. Bearings, etc...Pirate them from a stocker set. Stock 930's are 40 bucks a piece in Vegas, the adds in Dusty Times. 120 for modified(quality by Todd Francis) stubs and about 150 for the standard S-A-W axles(19 1/4") A good 002 used will only cost you a couple Franklins too. I am not talking about waliking into the Chromed Fluff offroad shop and plopping down cash, I am talking about smart shopping.

If your gonna go, go BIG

DailyPedal

Reaction
67Baja, be careful. There are deals to be found out there but be realistic, nothing is cheap and good. Suspension Unlimited arms are about $500 for a high quality piece. And used wheel bearings, give me a break!. Shop around but remember that in addition to parts, you will also need technical advice. Sping and shock help and mounting tips. If you buy a cheap part here and a cheap part there, it will be difficult to get good technical advice. The shops selling name brand quality parts (and there are only a few) tend to be more helpful to customers that purchase complete kits. It is a matter of business, any business, you spent more money, you deserve and paid for more time and help. People that nickel and dime to save money don't get the same level of service or "free" information and quickly get a reputation with the shops, another of the problems with the chat rooms...