WHEELIE CLEAN!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
About once a year I clean (re-polish) my wheels. They are American Racing and when they were brand new they looked great. Well, after having them for a couple of years, I have cleaned them up once and it is time to do it again. I regularly use Mothers Mag Polish when I do this. Does anyone else use something different and are there any suggestions to keep that new luster of a polished wheel last longer (coatings, spray cleaner, etc.)? Thanks in advance.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I would recommend Wenol(sp) its sold at hot rod shops, Then take your wheels to Olympic powdercoating and have them clear them. One of the guys there did his wifes alcoas and they look brand new a year and a half later.

"faster than it looks"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Flitz...its available at gun shops...sometimes truck stops too.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

fathead1

Reaction
I've used Brite Boy metal polish on old wheels and it brought them back to life. Just don't let it dry, remove it while it is still wet, as the directions say. I would not use this on wheels that are still in pretty good shape, because I think this stuff eats away the clear coat or what ever the wheels come with from the factory. But this stuff works great of wheels that have been abused and not cleaned/polished in awhile

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Last year I was washing my truck at my mom's house. I used her wheel cleaner that she had and it pretty much ruined the factory clear coat on my wheels. I didn't realize the wheel cleaner she had wasn't supposed to be used on clear coated wheels. Before I new it, it was too late. That is why I polished them because they looked horrible after the screw up. I remember seeing an infomercial on FLITZ many years back and it looked to be pretty good. I get tired of rubbin' on my wheel (no pun) as my arm gets tired. Don't know if I will take the wheels off and have them coated again. Probably too much time and $ involved. Thanks for the advice!

mustafa

Reaction
Flitz works really well.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I was just checking out their web site www.flitz.com and they have many other products besides alum polish. Gun wax, chrome polish, even car polish. I think I'm gunna try flitz.

Bryan_D

Reaction
I use the Wenol on show trucks and it works. They also have a ploish for your brakelights and stuff that takes the oxidation off of them and makes them look like new again. Stuff actually works for us.

JBO

Reaction
Regular chrome polish works good on headlights....when the start to yellow. maguires makes a clear plastic cleaner too.

...most new wheels have a clear coat, so metal polishes will usually damage this, they'll polish up nice but without the clear coat, they don't stay looking good...some tire cleaners/whitewall cleaners will jack up the finish on wheels too. Since the have a clear coat you can use anything that is safe for the paint on the wheels....I used my friend's maguire's wheel cleaner the other day and it worked well.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
B. Codington wheel polish is the best I have found and my dads friend owns a polishing co. he says dont use a powder coat clear use a clear coat for cars polyurathane prefered its alot more durable...

fathead1

Reaction
"Regular chrome polish works good on headlights....when the start to yellow. maguires makes a clear plastic cleaner too."

Will this work on the yellowing that happens to Ranger headlights?
Mine are so yellow that you can hardly tell the difference between the running lights and the headlights.
haha!!