Whelchel ON A MISSION in Elsinore

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
#2 TEAM PORTER/WHELCHEL BATTLE FOR PODIUM IN ELSINORE round 5:

Multi Championship winning driver Jerry Whelchel is staged once again to do battle in the Lucas Oil Offroad Series in Elsinore California round 6.

Saturday round 5 racing saw Whelchel up on the podium taking third after battling from a 5th row outside position start. "We had some issues with the rear end in qualify on Friday and ended up with our work cut out for us to get up front" stated Whelchel. The charge was taken as the 900HP #2 banged bars and was seen flying over 20 feet off the ground at 70MPH in its quest for the front position.
As the current Marquis Division POINTS LEADER Whelchel is hell bent on complete victory this Sunday no questions asked and no prisoners taken. "I'm not in this to make friends out on the track. I've been doing this way to long to accept anything less. Elsinore is my backyard and I intend to defend it!" We're ecstatic and ready for today" stated racing partner and team owner Mark Porter. "The truck and the team are really coming together, you can just feel it. I'm really proud of this great group of guys. They work tirelessly to get us were we are. We're super excited for the racing today and I know Jerry very well, he's all business today."

Whelchel has partnered up with some of the best in the offroad business and is prepared to take it "outside" if necessary. Be sure and stop by the Whelchel/Porter pit this weekend for autographs from this multi-time champion at the MAGNAFLOW Race Trailer! Don't worry if you don't have a race suit or helmet he wont bite!

Thank you to all the Mark Porter Motorsports Sponsors:

K&N, BFG, DRAGONFIRE, MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, LUCAS OIL, FOX SHOX, MAGNA FUEL PUMPS, TUBE WORKS, TURBINE ALLOYS, DOUGANS RACING ENGINES, MECHANIX WEAR, RANCHO TRANSMISSIONS, NORTH AMERICAN, OAKLEY, ROTORWAY INTNL, SUNSET WRAPS.COM
s.

Attachments

• PORTER SATURDAY.JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 163
  • PORTER SATURDAY (2).JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY (2).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 178
  • PORTER SATURDAY (5).JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY (5).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 194
  • PORTER SATURDAY (8).JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY (8).JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 160
  • PORTER SATURDAY (9).JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY (9).JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 153
  • PORTER SATURDAY (12).JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY (12).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 184
  • PORTER SATURDAY (15).JPG
    PORTER SATURDAY (15).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 231
  • PORTER WHELCHEL - PRO2.jpg
    PORTER WHELCHEL - PRO2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 208

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
hey scott i hope jerry is alright after his incident today... looked pretty gnarly ...

are we going to see the CHM truck out anytime soon?....