• Forum membership has its advantages....

Where are all the hot Pre Runners

cncman

anytime after they announce opening day of prerunning, the whole course over two days? let us know

fngzippy

Here's a new build in progress.Oh ya!! Bought the truck a little over a year ago. A fun pre-runner, but really under powered. I deceided to pull the motor. I didn't want to rebuild the 4.6L, I searched for another motor and found a Chevy 6.0L that only had 600 miles on it for $2,500, so I picked it up, which meant the transmission wasn't going to be of any use to me anymore. Now I was on a search for a transmission and found a TH400 pulled out of a mid 90's Chevy 454 pickup that was sliping 2nd and got that for $75.00. Rebuilt it with a friend of mine. Now I had to cut out all the old motormounts, so I might as well reinforce the entire frame rails while I'm here. Wow is the snowball starting to gain momentum now. Since I need to make new mounts anyway I thought I might as well cut out the entire firewall and rip out the entire dash so I can move the motor back and down as far as I can. Another might as well since I'm here already there thought. You'll start to see alot of those. Now since I have made all this room upfront I thought I can definitely get more travel out of the front end by reworking the suspension, getting rid of the upper a-arm will allow for me to add in a new 3.0 bypass to go along with the coilovers. The next "might as well since I'm already here thought" is ofcourse "J-Arms!! and a one-piece fiberglass front clip. Now that the investment is at the point that is stupid to only be a pre-runner I deceided I might as well race the truck, So again "might as well since I'm going to race the truck I punched all the glass out of the truck and I'm going to add another Radiator behind the cab for extra cooling. The thoughts and "BRIGHT IDEAS" keep coming as the build goes on and the money keeps getting spent.

I Will try to get some pics posted.

Bink Designs

Doing a 4.0 swap, wiring harness and small things here and there. Will be back in the dez soon!

Cowboy112

Good Pre-Runners are home built and cheap lol!! Me and a good buddy of mine Spencer Low built this truck with budget in mind and had to be reliable. This thing is supper strong and not quite done yet! I will keep updating on the build. It started out as a rolled 94' Ford Ranger i wanted the truck right off the bat but didn't have the money the guy wanted! He called me a lil over a year after i first offered and said he would sell for 500 bucks and deliver it :D SCORE! I tore it apart the first night took off the whole front suspension (Bent beams Blah Blah) wheels wrecked fiberglass and sold all of the parts on the classifieds i made 1,500 bucks so i recooped the cost of truck plus had some to spare. Then it came down down to finding a cab as luck would have it i found a whole truck with blown motor for a 1,000:D So swaped the cab and started building! Here it is so far. Still have more to come!

Attachments

philofab