Where are all the Robby fans today???

PBR

Reaction
let me start off my saying that i know i am going to catch a ton of heat for this post but i have to speak what i feel...

robby is the worst thing to happen to winston cup racing! i know that everyone in dez racing is a robby fan because he tears it up in the dez, but on the track he blows!!! it's one failure after another, he failed at nascar then open wheel and now he is back to nascar with a top notch team and still continues to fail!

yesterdays race was a total embarrassment for robby from the drop of the green flag. how long has robby been racing? then for him to block the #8 car for at least 5 laps, when robby was a lap car is just robby trying to prove that he can keep up with the front runners. well if he could keep up why was he laps down? and for him to spin jr. at the end of the race was just the icing on the cake. it really looks good to sponsors when you make a fool out of yourself after the race is over. grow up robby and take a deep breath before you end up in IRL, what was there 12,000 people at the opening event?

i think robby is a hell of a driver in the dez but he doesn't do the dezert people justice when he does sh#t like this at the track. he needs to take a few lessons from jimmie johnson, everybody from the dezert should be on the jimmie bandwagon. he is 4th or 5th in points in his first year and he never has a bad thing to say about anybody.

this is nothing personal against robby, the has never done a bad thing to me, it is simply a criticism on his antics in winston cup racing. i wish robby all the best, i just think that everyone who jocks robby because he came from the dez should take a good look at the stupid stuff that he does. rory and i always have this conversation and he loves robby like everybody else on this website, am i the only one who thinks robby should have stayed where he shined... in the dezert and leave the tracks to professionals.

i am obviously a dezert freak as well as a huge cup fan, i guess i am just tired of getting on the computer every monday morning and reading all the posts on how great robby gordon is, well he is a great off-road racer, but that is it when i comes to racing.

i know i am going to get a huge pile of sh#t for this but i had to say it... bring on the hate mail.

ollie.

Penchansky Brothers Racing

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
"yesterdays race was a total embarrassment for robby from the drop of the green flag. "

-He was suckered in to that one by "Paint Boy".

"then for him to block the #8 car for at least 5 laps, when robby was a lap car is just robby trying to prove that he can keep up with the front runners. well if he could keep up why was he laps down? "

-Earlier in the race, Jr tapped RG from the rear and forced him high (out of the groove) which forced him to lose 20 positions!

ORI

Reaction
20 Kevin Harvick 599 Points
26 Robby Gordon 540 Points
29 Jeff Green 497 Points

For Robby being such a disgrace he sure is doing pretty good in the points, all be it not as good as Jimmie. Also Jimmie has only been in what 9 Cup races, give him the whole year and I'm sure he will have pissed off one of those circle jerks. I am not on the Robby band wagon, In fact there has been many a times were he has screwed up and done something stupid, I'll give you that. However I'm guessing that you watched the entire race? Robby was not the only one racing to stay on the lead lap, every single one of those cars was racing there a$$ off to stay on the lead lap, Before you go off on a rant about Robby make sure you include all of the rednecks that were trying to stay with the lead lap.

Off-Road Insider
I know ALL!!!!!!!!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Ollie,

I won't give you a huge pile of a heaping load for your post...... but here is one Robby Gordon (and Jimmy Johnson) fan that'll speak up.

As we all know, Robby's actions can be questioned from time to time, but the fact remains that Jr. tapped into him after the finish. Robby was just returning the favor, and why should ANYONE move out of another cars way on such a short race course? Just because he's Jr.? Especially in NAStyCAR?? I don't think so.......
You know as well as anyone that these guys have alot at stake, and it gets pretty heated from time to time.
Just a bunch of good 'ol boys...........

Why not bash Biffle and Harvick for their little "spat"? Man, not even a punch thrown, after all that drama!
What about their sponsors? I'm a bit more curious what will happen there.

-Gabe

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Im still I agree yesterdays race was terrible for but what winston race hasnt the guy beats up his car like it his TT I think if he just drove his TT on those tracks he would do OK he needs to come back to the dez. full time, but it was funny after he hit JR at the end of the race and said "nobody hits me" I had to laugh... :)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
He adds excitement for the people who don't usually enjoy Redneck racing. He is the sole reason I watch now. I don't care if he come in first or last, jsut the fact that he is out there racing is good enough for me to watch.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.animalhousedesigns.net>Animal House</A>

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Let me first start off by saying Ollie and myself are pretty good friends. Ollie has not been the same since after the accident and still has a hard time squeezing a tennis ball in his hand =). Ollie, you have to remember that it is a dog eat dog world in NASCAR. If Robby lets Jr hit him from behind and did not do anything about it, who's to say the next time Jr does'nt do the same thing? Granted, Robby should not of hit Jr in the pit lane but I was glad to see it. Dale Jr will no doubt, in my mind, think twice about moving Robby out of his way. He now knows that Robby will give some payback no matter what the cost. If you notice, Robby was not forcing the issue at all yesterday until he was provoked. Something to think about Ollie, if your racing your class 8 down a wash and Robby hit you for no reason, if given the chance later in the day, would you return the favor? I hope your answer is "your gawd damn right I would". I know I would. You race people the way you want to be raced. If they want to play with fire, they better be prepared to be burned.

Racers Only

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
First, Robby was black flagged on the first lap for jumping the start. Many racers jump the start in all forms of "running start" racing...they don't always get caught. He was in last place after that.

Second, if Robby is so bad, why did he win a race last year. There are soo many racers on NASCAR that don't win and race every weekend. Look at Michael Waltrip. He has only won 1 race in a career of many hundreds of starts!

Third, Robby earned some $85,000 odd dollars for finishing in 20th place. There is not an off-road series in this universe that would pay out that much for a 20th place finish!

Fourth, Jr. started the "cat and mouse" game and Robby finished it. They both said and did some crappy things that make them look like idiots. Many other racers have done the exact same thing (Rainbow Warrior girl, Rusty, Dale Jarret, Ricky Rudd, Dale Sr., etc.).

Fifth, Robby has established himself as an "all-around" good racer. From off-road (his best talent, I agree), motocross, GTP, and CART. Sounds like someone is jealous! I know I am!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

BradM

Reaction
I like Robby as much any anyone on here but I have to agree with Ollie on this one. He should have had enough sense and class to let Jr. by with only 10 to go. Jr. was in fourth and had a chance at third but Robby was a lap down and had no chance of catching the 40 car which was the only car ahead of him 1 lap down. That kind of driving is noticed by everyone and the next time he wants to get a lap back as the caution comes out or the roles are reversed, he will feel the wrath of his ego. What comes around goes around.

As for Robby being screwed by Jeffery on the start, hey that's part of racing in a circle. There are mind games played. Besides, Robby knows the rules and if he didn't know his spotter would have been telling him not to cross the line ahead of Jeff. He should consider that an education. But I think his ego is too big to accept it as a lesson and put it behind him. I think there is more to come between the 24 and the 31 and between the 31 and the 8. Robby just isn't making any friends in WC.

Robby has controlled himself pretty well up until Bristol but I think his ego got a big boost when he qualified second. Maybe that may him feel like he actually could run with them. Maybe he can but he needs to exercise a little more patience. I bet Childress is working on that right now.

my .02

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

choppekx

Reaction
If he is such a crappy driver how did he move from last after his black flag to like 18th, in about 100 laps, before whinehardt Jr. pushed him out. He was one of the fastest cars on the track. I didn't see him causing any accidents in doing so either. I agree with Kritter between Robby and Jimmie Johnson that is about the only reason I watch Neckcar. Robby has pulled some stunts in the past, but this is one that he was just returning the favor.

Chris

PBR

Reaction
to set the record straight, i am a jr. fan, and they were going back and forth playing tag but for robby to spin jr. in the pits is not the best thing he could have done for himself.

gabe - as far as the harvick deal in the busch race he looked like an idiot also. he is another arrogant california driver making the westside look bad.

rory - you're damm right, if somebody nerfed me and it wasn't called for i would want to get him back (if i could catch them) but it should be done cleanly during the race, not after. could you imagine rushing somebody in their pit at barstow after a race or hitting their truck in the inspection area.

am i jealous... that is not the point, who wouldn't want to be a professional race car driver, to get paid to race cars, what would be better than that???

Penchansky Brothers Racing

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
I will have to disagree with PBR on this also. (I couldn't tell you were a Jr. fan!) So far Robby has had run-ins with a few "top" drivers (the recently divorced, Mr. home improvemment) and seems to have earned a little more respect from them on the track(Jeffy did snooker him real good on the start though..)and off. I think he'll get settled in shortly here and pull out another win. I,m betting he'll win at least one of the road courses and 1 other race this year. I think his biggest problem is he pushes himself too hard. The reason Jimmie doesn't ruffle any feathers(yet) is he doesn't take too many chances. He runs a nice smooth race(no problems with that, just different styles). Robby out-classes quite a few drivers, Buckshot Jones, Ron Hornaday, Hut Stricklin, Casey Atwood, and a few others.
He'll be OK. He's got an awesome looking car too!

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
on a slightly different note, have you guys checked out the current FHM mag. It has a story on Tony Stewart and there's a picture section in there with the "scuffle" he had with RG, and a caption saying that RG ended with a bloody face (or something like that). If I get a chance I'll scan it and post it in here.

victor fabian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com>www.stuck-throttle.com</A>
CARCO RACING 5-1600

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: Second, if Robby is so bad, why did he win a race last year.

Because he hit Jeff Gordon, the leader, and spun him out on the last lap. ;-)

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

martininsocal

Reaction
Yeah Dave- and we all know "Flash" would never give the chrome horn to anyone to pass between 3 and 4! just like the first time mayfield won his race...as they said to Dale sr. live by the sword, die by the sword. I don't know how mauch exposure many of the folks here have to roundy round racing, I grew up within a few miles of a 1/4 mile bull ring and my dad started taking me around age 6. the smaller the track, the tougher the racing. passing is harder, there are many more cautions, and every fights for every scrap they can. Also- at the begining of the season, everyone is still racing for points. some will drop out of the points battle, loosen up and do better, some will still scrap for every point to please sponsors and maybe race next season. these folks are racing for a living, and every position up the ladder is one better place to sell your skills. just because these teams spend millions on a season of racing doesn't mean they don't work their asses off every week to be in the starting grid. don't try to compare the money say, the herbst spend with what a driver makes racing. it is the difference between hobby and job. nothing aginst the herbst, but they are pretty lucky to be able to spend much more than just about anyone else in the dez, in winston cup, every scrap on the table is fought over...with tooth and nail.

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
typical robby gordan antics. immature, spoiled, big ego with no common sense. made alot of enemies with that after the race stunt, and might take a long time to smooth over. reminds me off a long time ago at the m.t. stadium races with him complaining " walker hit me...wah wah".

race trash wiring

jimpat

Reaction
just an explanation of the start...
the best way to get the outside pole guy black flagged is not to keep accelarating as fast as the outside pole guy and letting him get a couple car lenghts advantage. it worked for me.....
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

hogbelly

Reaction
There are so many good points in this issue, it is hard to make a clear cut and say "RG was right" or "RG was wrong". On not letting Jr go by, I'm with Robby, because if your car is good your obligation is to race. Now, if Jr was childish enough to slam RG on the side after the checkered flag, it was also childish of RG to ram him in the back and risk a DQ'd. A little bit of history: Baja 1000, 1999: Robby was DQ'd for nerfing (and taking out of the race) a Class 1 car that was stopped at a checkpoint to get the stub. Remember one thing: Cup racing is about money, and lots of it. Desert racing is about spending our hard-earned money, so it is like apples and oranges. RG can't make any money racing in the desert. So he has to go to Winston Cup. Good luck, Robby, but you have to play your cards right if you are to stay in WCR.

Go faster or stay home and watch it on your tv

firedog

Reaction
From What I saw and heard JR was up set that RG was racing him at the end of the race. RG gave JR the bottom of the track and he couldn't make the pass for several laps. Was JR pissed because his car wasn't good enough to make it passed RG? Even if JR made it passed him he wasn't going to finish 1st, he still had Sterling Marlin and more cars infront of him. If someone nerfed me for no reason in the dez and I caught them later in the race there might be a "pay back" coming. RG's decision in pit lane wasn't the smartest, maybe he should've saved the retalition for a later race. But qualifing 2nd has to say something. Watch for him on the road courses, if he finishes 1st or 2nd on those 2 races he has done more than a-lot of the other racers have done in thier whole careeres and the payout will be worth it!
just my .02 cents.