• Forum membership has its advantages....

Where are all the single buggies??

Perfect Race

They must all be parked? Lost interest, no money? A few have sold but the entry numbers have steadily dropped. We used to have over 20 at the So Cal Regionals each race.
Should the entry fee go back to the $150 instead of $300 with payback?
A lot of guys like getting paid their payback on the podium though. Its such a good driver class and relatively cheap except for the engine. A few have complained because it gets a little rough sometimes but it seems like such a good intermediate class that has good racing with minimal prep, just wondering where they all went?

speedfun

Everyone got all butt hurt after they were dropped from the LOORRS National series.
But one of the best classes in Short course. When people tell me they want to go step into a Pro Buggy or Pro lite I tell them to get a year or two in a single buggy first -- Hay most of the top racers got there start in 1600 cars..

J&B RACING

There were over 50 single buggies at Chula Vista years ago. I know they are still sitting in peoples garages. Let's get them out next year. It is such and inexpensive class to race. If your worried about out your car being outdated there is always the 1600 Desert Buggy Class. I am one of the oldest drivers on the track and still have so much fun!!! This is also a great class for Trophy Cart racers to move up.

Slang

I don't think its the entry fee. The Polaris thing is changing the tide, you can't finance a limited buggy. Different topic but a feel like being on point with the desert 1600 rules could draw more cars. That class could have 20+ cars if a true desert car with small tires and a restrictor plate was teched accordingly.

offroadracer516

I don't think its the entry fee. The Polaris thing is changing the tide, you can't finance a limited buggy. Different topic but a feel like being on point with the desert 1600 rules could draw more cars. That class could have 20+ cars if a true desert car with small tires and a restrictor plate was teched accordingly.
I would bring my desert car out if that was the case.

J&B RACING

Bring your Desert cars change some tires if you want and run the 1600 Desert Buggy Class.
It is basically a Class 1100 or Class 10 Light from the Best of the Desert Rule Book as stated below:
"Front suspension is limited to VW type1configuration only.
Suspension must be of the twin beam with trailing arm type only.
Beam is open including the width and manufacturer.
Trailing arms are open including the width and manufacturer
Engine must be a VW type1-1600 cc and adhere to the following:
It retains a maximum of two(2)valves per cylinder.
Single seat vehicles are limited to a maximum of 1776cc.Two seat vehicles are limited to 1835cc.
No Restrictor Plates required.
All vehicles are limited to one(1)carburetor .Any make of carburetor may be used with the following provisions.
Limited to a maximum of two (2) venturies.
Maximum allowable venture size is 42mm
Must be of the production automotive type."
With a $175 entry fee, contingency payback and great trophy's can't race much cheaper.
Dust those cars off and get ready for Jan 23 practice day at Lake Elsinore!

Rocket 450

Bring your Desert cars change some tires if you want and run the 1600 Desert Buggy Class.
It is basically a Class 1100 or Class 10 Light from the Best of the Desert Rule Book as stated below:
"Front suspension is limited to VW type1configuration only.
Suspension must be of the twin beam with trailing arm type only.
Beam is open including the width and manufacturer.
Trailing arms are open including the width and manufacturer
Engine must be a VW type1-1600 cc and adhere to the following:
It retains a maximum of two(2)valves per cylinder.
Single seat vehicles are limited to a maximum of 1776cc.Two seat vehicles are limited to 1835cc.
No Restrictor Plates required.
All vehicles are limited to one(1)carburetor .Any make of carburetor may be used with the following provisions.
Limited to a maximum of two (2) venturies.
Maximum allowable venture size is 42mm
Must be of the production automotive type."
With a $175 entry fee, contingency payback and great trophy's can't race much cheaper.
Dust those cars off and get ready for Jan 23 practice day at Lake Elsinore!
That's no where near 1600 rules so is the class 1600 buggy or class 12 Confused????

J&B RACING

LUCAS OIL REGIONAL OFF ROAD SERIES DESERT BUGGY RULES
The Desert Buggy class includes Class 1, Class 10 and Class 12 purpose built desert buggies. The 1600 Desert Buggy class includes Class 1600 purpose built desert buggies. These vehicles will be expected to adhere to all LORORS General Buggy Rules as well

Slang

Desert buggy and 1600 Desert Buggy are different classes, at the reagionals. Unless something changed for next year.

J&B RACING

There is also Desert Buggy that run with the mini stocks and they are pretty much an open buggy class, unlimited motors etc. There were also some Baja bugs that run in that class too.
What needs to done is get all the buggy's in one event and get the rules a little better clarified. The limited buggy rules are good, but the Desert Buggy rules need a bit better clarification.

dbq61537

The real question is...has anyone built a new one in recent years?

You can buy a near, fun/race, ready UTV for, between...15-20 grand. Your not going to win national events...but you can get out there, get experience while having fun.

Add in...that it's easier to sell a UTV to sponsors...Single Buggy has a lower profile. On a related note aren't there nearly twice as many events for UTV?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

J&B RACING

UTV's are cool. I am not talking about building a new car, this is for all those that have buggies sitting in their garage collecting dust when they should be on the track collecting mud. Get them out and have some fun!!!

Laff91284

We still have 2 cars. Bummer they don’t race at Lake Elsinore anymore, I liked that track a lot more than Glen Helen. Maybe having one race with some bonus money from sponsors would get a good car count. But like someone posted earlier, I also think the utvs are what is limiting the car count because you can finance one.
BC981833-9954-4E80-8071-FC518A48DD15.jpeg
0DF00F1B-8B73-45B9-9B18-C282F8F1FE40.png
ED75F867-D642-4915-A77A-9EE729C4C8E0.png
0182B354-5DFA-4C06-B9B3-171C3D2911A2.png