• Forum membership has its advantages....

where are the race cars now

osborne

After watching all the "old" 90's videos, and all the rebuild threads, I started to wonder were are some of these cars have gone. Leduc's dona-vee jeep, raglands chevy, robbys f150 (is that the riviera f150 now), Etc.....? The mid to late 90s trucks are my favorite.

scary fast hummer

Try looking in the NORRA M1K pics. Lots of classic race cars racing there now.

osborne

Lol. I've been following the toyota build. Its been great. What else is keeping from us?

BajaFand

After watching all the "old" 90's videos, and all the rebuild threads, I started to wonder were are some of these cars have gone. Leduc's dona-vee jeep, raglands chevy, robbys f150 (is that the riviera f150 now), Etc.....? The mid to late 90s trucks are my favorite.
The Jeep has been racing in Baja Sur now for a number of years and I think may be bodied as a Chevy now. Ragland still owns Arnold, the mid engine Nelson built truck. Yes, that is now the Riviera truck.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Goober

What happened to the other 2 Dodge TT's? I know one is for sale as an 8 truck and the guy from Illinois has one, did Walker keep one?

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
One of Walkers old truck has been in Baja Sur racing with Francisco Monroy who races it at the 1000 when they're peninsula runs

A lot of these trucks are in Baja Sur

sb4pro

I know they aren't desert trucks per say but does anyone know where these two trucks are ? Both Walkers's Dodge and Robby's Ford . They were some bad ass trucks back in their day .

JayQC

Wasn't Robby Gordon's old hay hauler restored recently for the 2015 Detroit Auto show?

TRichards

Robby's Venable ford became the Rough Rider truck that MacCachren raced. I believe it is still around in Mexicali and raced today in CODE races.

osborne

Every time I watch one of the "oldish" race videos on the other thread I wonder about more trucks. Where are the Herman motorsports and Steinberger f150's?

sb4pro

I'm the same way bud . I know we have NORRA but we need to find someway to hunt down and restore all these old parts of our history . It's times like this I wish I were a millionaire , I'd travel around finding all these old classics and restoring them to their former glory ;)

NRT_Chris

Myself and Skyler Gambrell raced this old Leduc Built Cherokk at Paker last week
1992.Baja 1000.Lesle.601.20x.jpg
parker4252017.JPG

Last edited:

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Every time I watch one of the "oldish" race videos on the other thread I wonder about more trucks. Where are the Herman motorsports and Steinberger f150's?
The #7 is still owned by Scott, and is in storage at the moment last I remember

The Silver Bullet (#10) HMS truck has switched hands a few times and I believe is currently owned by Rusty Stevens (#89). They changed the body on it, so it doesn't look like its former self.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
The #7 is still owned by Scott, and is in storage at the moment last I remember

The Silver Bullet (#10) HMS truck has switched hands a few times and I believe is currently owned by Rusty Stevens (#89). They changed the body on it, so it doesn't look like its former self.

That's correct. Still owned by Rusty Stevens out of Pampa, Texas. Truck was raced at RATR and will be raced at BAP by his son Gunnar Stevens.

osborne

Cool, thanks for the answers. Glad to see that they are still being raced or atleast ready to race. I think I am secretly hoping to hear of one that is sitting somewhere just waiting for me to come get. BTW....I have my truck and trailer ready at all times.....LOL