Where are they now

Deenracing

Reaction
What about Frank Nye built Rivera 4 x 4 single seater. Last time I saw it was at Spirit's shop in EC. That was years ago. Didn't it have water cooled shocks on it?

onebuilder

Reaction
Since we are on the subject...here's a few pics. First picture is of Baldwin and Mears. The second pic is from Mexico. Third pic is Baldwin & MacPherson.

baldwinmears.jpg

baja.jpg

baldwinmac.jpg

MikeAdams

Reaction
Walter Prince (Was that his name?) and the "Candy Cane" RaceCo?

puravida

Reaction
lets try these
jordans bros el camino
just a few

Noah Jordan (nephew of Dale and Randy Jordan) and I are going to restore the El Camino for Randy one of these days... Its sitting in a barn in Aguanga, CA.

She will see dirt again !

Attachments

• Jordan Bros 2.jpg
    Jordan Bros 2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Jordan Bros 3.jpg
    Jordan Bros 3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 362
  • Jordan Bros.jpg
    Jordan Bros.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 305

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
It looked like the BFG Jimco was in New Zealand if you guys watched that show on SPEED " Two roads to Taupo". It might(!) have been that car. Same paint job and everything. . .

Where's craig Turner and his 7 Ranger?

robertharman

Reaction
Walter Prince (Was that his name?) and the "Candy Cane" RaceCo?

Yes walter was his name , his son raced it for a year or two and then they sold it.It was for sale again just a couple of months ago.

mrmatt

Reaction
Those are some classic pics/ Good thread. Definatley some memories from childhood in this thread!

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
a few more the mickey thompson luv was going to be on this list but you might have found it

jack johnson nissan class4

greg symonds raceco toyota

the beast class 14

doc ingrams class1

and what happened to bobby ferro he was a fast sob he just vanished
I talked with Bobby a couple years ago.He`s been doing Midget car racing out Ventura way.My ex race partner John Daly has one of his old Funco Single seaters.

MX808

Reaction
It looked like the BFG Jimco was in New Zealand if you guys watched that show on SPEED " Two roads to Taupo". It might(!) have been that car. Same paint job and everything. . .

Where's craig Turner and his 7 Ranger?

Ya i was thinking that too. that yellow looked good.

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
Reaction
craig turner is dring a class 8 now. bought matt towery's truck built by c & d fabworks and raced parker already this year. had fabtech all over it again.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction

Hi Kids,

Marty Fiolka here. Ok, I have some answers for you guys.

1) Yes, the Jimmy Vasser BFG Jimco is the car that I also drove with the Groff brothers and was in D2G. The car was sold after the 2003 season to New Zealand, and yes, buy the looks of it, that was the car on the Speed show. Great car, great Class 1 memories with Jimmy, Mike and Robbie.

2) There are two Baja Boots. One is owned by Robert Law (it was at 40 Years to Glory) and one is in a museum in Europe.

3) Rick Mear's Budweiser Funco is actually owned by Loren Pearson and is in unrestored condition -but has perfectly preserved bodywork used by Rick in that first Mickey Thompson Staduim Race.

4) I would love to know where the RCR Plumbing Raceco Porshe, Gregg Symonds ORE-Porsche and that oh so cool House of Buggies red single seater are!!

Marty

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
hey marty for the some of us that couldn't go to the 40 year event was there anyone that took detail shots of the all the cars or what i have seen is what i get i was hoping someone was documenting some of the cars like the brick privy and so i didn't know that car was still around

and to add to the list

any of the randall jeeps before the commanche's

ivan's old ford class 8 that coco coral owned

jim and billy wrights 2 seater

i am still looking for info on my gradfathers last car it was a shortwheelbase 2 seater built by a guy here in vegas that used to build indy cars it had an early busbox with a flipover kit and a buick alluminum v-8 in it (my dad said the car hauled arse and what killed it was the wheelbase was to short) so any clues would help