• Forum membership has its advantages....

Where did all the Dodge race trucks go to pasture from the 70s early 80s?

Jdrr28

I’m looking for a Dodge race truck to restore, Not a Evans truck, but a smaller team truck, pre long travel suspension truck. Thanks.

partybarge_pilot

Good luck with that, any truck that wasn't destroyed got updated. And by updated I mean back halved and front halved. You'll be lucky to find a foot of frame under them. Your best bet would be looking for a old Walker pre-runner.

Jdrr28

I had a suspicion that many were updated, yet there is quite a few chevys and fords that are still as is? Maybe something will turn up thanks.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Dodge was not a popular vehicle for racing unless your name was Evans or Hall. Not only that, most class 8 Dodges were built by Walker Evans For customers or they would buy his old class 8 when he was building another. Stroppe built a lot of the 4x4 Dodges and many of those were also sold to other competitors after Rod Hall would get a new truck. Dana Dague has an old class 7 D50 that is pretty trick that I believe is for sale. Look him up on Facebook.

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
What happened to the Evans built truck that was found in Colorado Springs, Did someone buy that and piece it back together?

Rory

Crayola Killer
That was the Rick Fliam truck and yes, Dan Cornwell bought it and put it back together. He painted it the same as Walker Evans truck and has been racing at the Baja 1000 and NORRA 1000.