Where have all the 1600s gone?

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
Looks like Nevada. How bad ass would it be to get a MINT style turnout in 1600 for the M.O.R.E night race in May? Who knows how much longer we can run in Lucerne before they take it away? This may be one of our last few years out there. More importantly, can those Nevada boys hang in Cali? (Except Rob Mac, we all know he can). M.O.R.E. has had the same class 1600 winner for 3 races. (although the Denaults came damn close to taking the Kartek duel.) We (3G Racing) are gonna try and make it up to Caliente, but we'll be in Lucerne either way. If you can make the two week turn around, lets go big one more time in Lucerne. Oh yeah, and now that I talked smack, all you Cali dudes better show up and rep. With respect, T.J. Craig.

harleys dad

Reaction
Both my 1600 cars are sitting, one in the garage, one in the back yard. I guess you could call them Snore and more cars, and have no problem hanging eather place. Hmm I remember starting next to that single seater at the More night race last year side by side. That is the big problem, to many races and to close together

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
both my 1600 cars are sitting, one in the garage, one in the back yard. I guess you could call them snore and more cars, and have no problem hanging eather place. Hmm i remember starting next to that single seater at the more night race last year side by side. That is the big problem, to many races and to close together

yeah, you're right, its hard to keep up. That's why barstow is so nice for us its right in our back yard. If it weren't for my dad we couldn't race at all. The dude never stops working. Hope to see you out there, for a beer if nothing else.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
Im pretty sure that im going to the MORE night race with Jeffery bros. racing. Just working in the pits probably.

Can't wait. my first MORE race

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
Drive races are held in Plaster City (imperial valley), same as MDR, but traditionally, please no offense to anyone, MDR has higher 16 class car counts. you can check out mdrracing.com or drive-racing.com for both series race dates. good luck to you and maybe we will see you out in PC.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction
Drive races are held in Plaster City (imperial valley), same as MDR, but traditionally, please no offense to anyone, MDR has higher 16 class car counts. you can check out mdrracing.com or drive-racing.com for both series race dates. good luck to you and maybe we will see you out in PC.

For now...;):D
I've always thought of myself being in a class of my own...:D:D

harleys dad

Reaction
I could be in for that, only if it is a soda LOL It is great your dad helps you the way he does, mine did when I started out 34 years ago, untill he past on in 2001 and it just is not the same with out him. Enjoy it to the fullest while you can!!! I have always likes Barstow, it is such a bummer we cant race the giant 60-70 mile loops we use to race out there. I have been playing with the class 11 with my kids which has been a lot of fun, and I am enterd at Caliente in the 11 car. My 2 seat car that I raced at the More night race last year had the caliper come off the back 3 miles into the race, and did not stop to fix it LOL I just fixed it last week and replaced the oil lines. It had 0 test ime with all new Micro stubs and bypass shocks. It worked well, I cant decide where to race it next. My single seat car has not raced since getting 2nd at Battle at primm last year. It is sitting under a tarp almost ready to race. I am thinking about selling the single seat. Unfortunutly Snore is the place to race if you want 1600 entries, there was about the same last year at BAP as this year, almost 50, the Mint was decent, it looks like More has shrunk down some from what it use to be. When I first started racing 1600 there was 70 cars at least everywhere you went in the 80s. With all the rule changes there are a huge number of cars sitting somewhere.

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
oh terry. really I've been waiting desperately to race against you for forever. You have always been so kind and so supportive, you truely are in a class of your own. Who would have ever thought the two of us would be leading the class points in these two series! go us!

mawtrophykart

Reaction
i'll Bring 3 cars to race if you can get more than 20 cars. going to races w 3-5 cars aint as fun but its still racing.

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
Tried to rep for that..lol. Guess I gotta spread the love first:D

hahahaa that happens to me all the time....... :)

You can rank the comment, thats what i did, Im not sure exactly what that does tho... anyone know? jajaja

Last edited:

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction
oh terry. really I've been waiting desperately to race against you for forever. You have always been so kind and so supportive, you truely are in a class of your own. Who would have ever thought the two of us would be leading the class points in these two series! go us!

You are doing a fantastic job...keep it up.
And one of these days we will have a show down....:cool:

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
You are doing a fantastic job...keep it up.
And one of these days we will have a show down....:cool:

Yay!!!!

We are thinking about the pp race so maybe we will see you there but that will all depend on the final word from the CFO :) as the season progresses

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
i'll Bring 3 cars to race if you can get more than 20 cars. going to races w 3-5 cars aint as fun but its still racing.

The last couple MORE races only ten or so 1600s showed but that is unusual. It's usually closer to 20. Keep checking @ moreracing.net, it may still happen and we'd all love the competition. I'll keep trying to recruit.

Tommy Craig Jr.

Reaction
I could be in for that, only if it is a soda LOL It is great your dad helps you the way he does, mine did when I started out 34 years ago, untill he past on in 2001 and it just is not the same with out him. Enjoy it to the fullest while you can!!! I have always likes Barstow, it is such a bummer we cant race the giant 60-70 mile loops we use to race out there. I have been playing with the class 11 with my kids which has been a lot of fun, and I am enterd at Caliente in the 11 car. My 2 seat car that I raced at the More night race last year had the caliper come off the back 3 miles into the race, and did not stop to fix it LOL I just fixed it last week and replaced the oil lines. It had 0 test ime with all new Micro stubs and bypass shocks. It worked well, I cant decide where to race it next. My single seat car has not raced since getting 2nd at Battle at primm last year. It is sitting under a tarp almost ready to race. I am thinking about selling the single seat. Unfortunutly Snore is the place to race if you want 1600 entries, there was about the same last year at BAP as this year, almost 50, the Mint was decent, it looks like More has shrunk down some from what it use to be. When I first started racing 1600 there was 70 cars at least everywhere you went in the 80s. With all the rule changes there are a huge number of cars sitting somewhere.

Thanks for the advice. I just got back from a 16 month tour in Iraq last July so yeah, I also appreciate the value of family and the fragility of life. It's crazy how good these cars work with micros and bypass shocks isn't it? And actually the soda is more likely around the 3G pit as well, not big drinkers, but sodas go just as good when swappin racing stories. My grandfather was racing 30 years ago, (thus 3rd Generation racing) maybe he knew your dad. I'll have to ask him, what was his name?