Where is class 7200 going?

Code3

Reaction
I have really been thinking about building a 7200 or class 6. I see that 6 cyl and width is the only limitation. After seeing the work of art BMS did on Travis's truck I have to wonder when one of these will or could win an overall at a SCORE or BITD race. I wonder with the craftmanship and speeds these trucks are going to go where should they start? Should they start in front of 10 cars, 12 cars, protrucks? What do you think? Also if the limitation is a v6 why could one not run a turbo deisel like VW does, now that would be interesting!

henderoni

Reaction
Well, to even be considered in this conversation is flattering... but i think that the TT and class 1 guys would have to have a REAL bad day for one of these to overall. As fast as they are, it's no TT(however we have beaten a few!) I do agree however, (let the flaming begin) that we could easily start behind Class 1, and hold our own just fine. We have been able to run down all but the fastest class 10 guys, and we can solidly out run the 12 and pro trucks. Without a doubt, I am still green to a vehicle with the capabilities of my truck, but once my driving meets the ability of this truck, it's going to be on like donkey kong! There's a lot of skilled drivers not only in my class, but the classes above me, so I think it will be some time before an overall in SCORE or BITD becomes a reality. But, ya never know!:cool:

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Well, to even be considered in this conversation is flattering... but i think that the TT and class 1 guys would have to have a REAL bad day for one of these to overall. As fast as they are, it's no TT(however we have beaten a few!) I do agree however, (let the flaming begin) that we could easily start behind Class 1, and hold our own just fine. We have been able to run down all but the fastest class 10 guys, and we can solidly out run the 12 and pro trucks. Without a doubt, I am still green to a vehicle with the capabilities of my truck, but once my driving meets the ability of this truck, it's going to be on like donkey kong! There's a lot of skilled drivers not only in my class, but the classes above me, so I think it will be some time before an overall in SCORE or BITD becomes a reality. But, ya never know!:cool:

I agree 100% once our ability behind the wheel is as capable as our truck finish times will surprise us. As for the turbo diesel... I think you should be the first!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
I have really been thinking about building a 7200 or class 6. I see that 6 cyl and width is the only limitation. After seeing the work of art BMS did on Travis's truck I have to wonder when one of these will or could win an overall at a SCORE or BITD race. I wonder with the craftmanship and speeds these trucks are going to go where should they start? Should they start in front of 10 cars, 12 cars, protrucks? What do you think? Also if the limitation is a v6 why could one not run a turbo deisel like VW does, now that would be interesting!

Being a class 7-7200-hope full class 6 racer I would say......No,in regards to your overall question . Not speaking for anyone but myself the reason I decided to build a new class 6-7200 was pure economics its a fast as I'll be able to afford to go!!! Unless I win the lottery. I know that I'll never be able to compete against multi-million dollar teams. The big question in my mind is some of those big dollar guys decide to run in a lesser class?If so they will be tough to beat,thats where the V-6 motor will come in to play, yes they can still a motor built by Kroyer ,Danzio or some other BA motor guy but I still think the playing field is more leveled. There still is the old money doesn't buy you brains or ball us lower budget racers have going for us.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
We are in the process of building our TT that we will run as a class 6 with shorter arms and rear end. It will be fast and have lots of travel. The downfall is it has a 6 cylinder in it that only pushes 500 hp and less torque. Do I think a class 6 can compete with a TT? Not of chance because of the missing torque unless everyone else just has a bad day. Do I think a 6 class can finish in the top ten one day? Yes I do and I think it could happen sooner than we think. Before the penalites were handed out we were 29th overall at the 500. We ran a very conservative pace because we were showing the transmission at 260 all day. If we could of pushed it I think we would of been in the teens as far as an overall finish. Is the class expensive to run and prep? Not much difference than a TT besides the cost for prepping the 8 cylinder and purchasing a new one every four races.

jamoffroad1

Reaction
well factory chevy won the baja with a 6 cyl trophy truck, the trail blazer. so you wrong the motor is not the factor its the driver ,prep,and team....

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
well factory chevy won the baja with a 6 cyl trophy truck, the trail blazer. so you wrong the motor is not the factor its the driver ,prep,and team....

When did they win? Ivan won many times but trucks and motors have changed much since then. Trust me, we would love to think we are contenders but do you think if Robby jumped in Travis' or my new truck he would be able to compete against the likes of BJ and Bebo? Not a chance

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
When did they win? Ivan won many times but trucks and motors have changed much since then.

If I remember,a lot of the first TT's were converted 8 trucks ? Gee doesn't that sound familiar????

McMillians use to run v-6 porches also,,,, but expensive!!!!!!!!!

bajafoolin'

Reaction
I think these trucks have top ten potential, but can't stand up to the competitve TT/CL1.

The debate I think you brought up here is how they compare to 10/12/PT. I believe they are faster than the PT hands down, but the buggies are so much lighter and more nimble. 7200 has the HP and will outrun the buggies at top speed but I don't see them winning anywhere else.

Also, 10 and 12 turn nearly identical times. The difference makers for me: 10 has displacement advantage and water cooling; the beam can take much more beating than the spindly front of a 10. Hardesty, Job/Menzies, Bean, Rick St. John have all broken into top 10 with no 8's 7's or PT to be seen. That says alot.

If 7200/6 catches on grows they WILL move up. Think about Ivan in the v6 beating the likes of Robby and Ragland in "new age" v8. With the right driver/vehicle combination it is feasible. Just not yet. Gotta wait for SHANNON:p

It is my opinion that, until further notice, the starting order should be TT, 1, 10, 12, 8, 6, 1600, PT

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
We catch and pass th 8's every time now

I think these trucks have top ten potential, but can't stand up to the competitve TT/CL1.

The debate I think you brought up here is how they compare to 10/12/PT. I believe they are faster than the PT hands down, but the buggies are so much lighter and more nimble. 7200 has the HP and will outrun the buggies at top speed but I don't see them winning anywhere else.

Also, 10 and 12 turn nearly identical times. The difference makers for me: 10 has displacement advantage and water cooling; the beam can take much more beating than the spindly front of a 10. Hardesty, Job/Menzies, Bean, Rick St. John have all broken into top 10 with no 8's 7's or PT to be seen. That says alot.

If 7200/6 catches on grows they WILL move up. Think about Ivan in the v6. With the right driver/vehicle combination it is feasible. Just not yet. Gotta wait for SHANNON:p

It is my opinion that, until further notice, the starting order should be TT, 1, 10, 12, 8, 6, 1600, PT

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction

Another point, do you think that anyone with the kind of dollars to have an unlimited budget to pay for prep,proper prerunning time,paying there team,ect would run in class 6/7200?.................. Maybe but it would be short lived, and not the norm!!!!

As you stated FACTORY CHEVY======Good support,big budget...

bajafoolin'

Reaction
When did they win? Ivan won many times but trucks and motors have changed much since then. Trust me, we would love to think we are contenders but do you think if Robby jumped in Travis' or my new truck he would be able to compete against the likes of BJ and Bebo? Not a chance

so can anyone quote race results from back then? who did ivan beat and in what fashion? same about the trail blazer if its true? All I know is Ivan won, v6 or v8. Didn't he go back2back at the 1000 v6 then v8?

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction

If 7200/6 catches on grows they WILL move up. Think about Ivan in the v6 beating the likes of Robby and Ragland in "new age" v8. With the right driver/vehicle combination it is feasible. Just not yet. Gotta wait for SHANNON:p

I agree with that, What about this??? A Pro-Truck putting V-6 motors in them and running in 6/7200??? they are center plated, its not to hard??? I've seen one already I wouldn't be surprised to see more!!!! But what do they weigh?? I know that they are silt magnets!!! Passed alot of them in a 7 truck in the silt!!!! Or is that just the driver??

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
can anyone OA without this?

There is a big difference in $$$ between buying new to rebuilding, and taking a part and inspecting or changing because you have the $$$ to do so!!!! Nuts and bolts are nuts and bolts but........Wheel's,tires,hiems,axels and you name it ,budget plays a big role in all of it.