Where is the line drawn in score?

Josh 8

Reaction
Ok. I got off the phone with Dan Cromwell from score yesterday. I asked him where the line was going to drawn with 8 trucks as far a suspension.

In his opinion (the only one that matters), is with coilovers. So if a truck (8,3 and possible even 6) have modern coilovers on it and is linked, it's going to have to be in a modern pro class. Thus keeping the older 1/4 elliptical and 1/2 elliptical vehicals seperate from modern set ups.

I can totally see the reasoning with this and agree.

Guess I will be starting further forward.

retroblazer

Reaction
Ok. I got off the phone with Dan Cromwell from score yesterday. I asked him where the line was going to drawn with 8 trucks as far a suspension.

In his opinion (the only one that matters), is with coilovers. So if a truck (8,3 and possible even 6) have modern coilovers on it and is linked, it's going to have to be in a modern pro class. Thus keeping the older 1/4 elliptical and 1/2 elliptical vehicals seperate from modern set ups.

I can totally see the reasoning with this and agree.

Guess I will be starting further forward.
I'm guessing that you're referring to a Vintage Class issue?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Josh 8

Reaction
Duh.... I can't believe I didn't make that clear.

retroblazer

Reaction
I'm just trying to make the obvious, obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

retroblazer

Reaction
One 2.5 bypass per corner or any multiple of 2" for the pre 82

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

yachtman

Reaction
Yes, Class 8 vintage, there more to it than that, "with the truck" and it's Cornwell. See you at the 1000

Wendell #527

Reaction
Josh, we'll be there again this year as well, with two cars this time. Let's not end up on the beach 2 days early again, huh?