Where to best view the 2018 Baja 500!?

seanator

Reaction
I've been going down for the 500 and 1000 for the last couple years and due to the speed restrictions in town my former kick arse spots have become slow moving parade spots. I was unfortunately near the accident claiming a life near the ramp which brought the first slow down and then also near the last turn out of town at the oxxo where the horses aarse kid did the donuts after he over gassed the right hander that resulted in the k rails install and subsequent slow down last race.

Any ideas for seeing some out of control hauling arse near Ensenada? Who doesn't love slideways!?

I drive a 4wd excursion so mild off road is no problem. Not going down until race morning Saturday. Thanks

I read a thread from last year but could not find those spots on a map.

JDDurfey

Reaction
If I was going to just spectate this race, I would head to Ojos and watch them come through, or maybe the Goat trail in Valley T, then I would pack up and head to the Pacific at Erendira area. There are some great spots over there to watch as well and the temp will be a lot cooler that to the east. If you go all the way to Valley T, you could use the "cross over road" to San Vicente and save a bunch of miles and easily then watch a lot of the race go by Valley T and still catch back up to the leaders as the go north on the Pacific side.

You could contact Coyote Cals and see if you could spend the night there and watch late into the night and drive home Sunday morning.

Last edited:

TRAVISD

Reaction
You guys are a little late to the 500. But the world famous Baja 1000 starts next week.

lf1952

Reaction
I've been going down for the 500 and 1000 for the last couple years and due to the speed restrictions in town my former kick arse spots have become slow moving parade spots. I was unfortunately near the accident claiming a life near the ramp which brought the first slow down and then also near the last turn out of town at the oxxo where the horses aarse kid did the donuts after he over gassed the right hander that resulted in the k rails install and subsequent slow down last race.

Any ideas for seeing some out of control hauling arse near Ensenada? Who doesn't love slideways!?

I drive a 4wd excursion so mild off road is no problem. Not going down until race morning Saturday. Thanks

I read a thread from last year but could not find those spots on a map.
Actually, it is only going to be in the mid 70s on the San Felipe side so the weather will be perfect there.