Where to get rod end inserts radiused to fit tube???

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I know that I have seen threaded sleeves that are radiused to fit tube before, but now I can't find them. . .I thought it was Ballistic Fabrication or Blue Torch Fab, but it isn't. . .

do any of you guys know where to get them. . .or what I'm talking about???

it's just the inside of the larger diameter of the tube insert that is radiused to fit a tube so I'm not talking about something that I can just throw a hole saw at it to make it fit.

Thanks!!!

Harrenstein

Reaction
Why worry about it. Its just added weight. If you are that concerned about a tube open on the end just use some thin plate to block it off. But I would just leave it.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Not talking about the billet tube inserts that round the end off. . .I know that you can get those at Ballistic. . .

. . .I'm talking about threaded tube inserts that are radiused to fit the diameter of a tube so that you can put them through a piece of tube perpendicular to the axis.

This is for a separate project form the SAE Baja. . .it's for a tire gate for my '79 F-150.

skullver

Reaction

atomicjoe23

Reaction
what thread size? What size tube coping? how long? Some things to consider, not to mention maybe a description of how it will be used would be helpful. I am not really seeing it.
Oh well, here is something similar to what you are describing:
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/BuilderParts/Product.aspx?part=RM12040

good luck
I was hoping for 1/2"-20 TPI threading and I definitely need it for 2" tubing. . .length doesn't matter, I was actually looking for fairly short ones to use as a boss on some 2" tubing I'm using to make the frame for a tire gate (my first home project).

Thanks for the link. . .I'm checking it out now.