Where to Watch?: 2015 B1k

Reaction
For the people that are going to watch the Race in the San Felipe area:
Where exactly are you watching it, and what time are you expecting cars to pass by?
What other spot you suggest?

Based on a 60 mph average speed, we were thinking of Zoo Road and expect them between 8 and 9 pm.
Am I Ok with this information, or what are your guesstimations?

Cheers from baja!
B1k.jpeg

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
I think a 55 mph average is more likely than 60. Guessing 9-10 PM for first trucks to Zoo road crossing.

Reaction
Thanks Chris.. I also think 9-10 is still a good approach.
I was reading of a guy over Facebook who said they were going to go through San Felipe by midnight (12-1 am)

AZ7000'

Reaction
They will be pretty spread out by then... from 10p till 10a at least. Pacific coast would be my choice.

Reaction
I wish we could get to the Pacific Coast, but we get out of work at 5pm on Friday.
If we had no time issues, we would head Ensenada on Thursday morning!

Yesterday I was told that another good option would be southwest of San Felipe, between VCP 66 and VCP 68, here Baja Pit #5 is going to be. RM 622.

2015-11-09 19_45_41-Google Earth.png

calstyl2

Reaction
Thats pretty flat high speed, South of there is rougher and still fast, pretty sandy area.
There is road that goes in behind the airport where we are putting a rescue team.

calstyl2

Reaction
Will have a team about 612-13, Percebu from the highway, there is a nice access road to course, little whooped out and sandy but a good spot.
I have sat at VCP64 a few times, its a fun spot to watch locals

AZ7000'

Reaction
I got in my hands a KLM file (google earth) with the race course.
How can I edit and add it to the inital post?
I don't think you can edit after 60 minutes, maybe a mod could.

Reaction
I have just noticed that the pictorial of BFGoodrich Map shows PIT 5 between RM 600 and 620..
And the text says RM 622.. Which should I follow?