Where would you run a home built cart?

motorhead

Reaction
I've done a little research and the closest I can find in Southern California is Buttonwillow race track up near bakersfield. Is there any where else in Southern California that I could test a home built 60-90 inch wheel base cart?

motorhead

Reaction
on pavement?

Well considering I posted in the pavement racing section, I would have to say yes, on pavement :D. I assume you thought I posted in here on accident, if so please excuse my flipant response.

michael_loomis

Reaction
I always see people doing stuff down here at Qualcomm. From coned off SCCA Autocross, to shifter cart stuff. I'm sure those guys all have permission, but then I see people goofing around in the parking lot with the 3 wheeled sail powered things too. Clearly on there own.

motorhead

Reaction
What about Adams Kart Track in Riverside?

Thanks. I found their website and it looks like they would allow it. Although the track looks to be on the small side it would still be a fun place to run.

michael_loomis - Qualcom autocross events would be fun to compete in, but I would like to have a place to set up and tune the car. Maybe an empty parking lot and a couple dozen cones would work perfect :D.

racer56

Reaction
Perris has a kart track for rent. Willow springs has three pavement track to choose from. Irwindale sometimes is available in a road course configuration. Jim hall kart track in oxnard is available almost anytime. California speedway has kart practice available.

motorhead

Reaction
Perris has a kart track for rent. Willow springs has three pavement track to choose from. Irwindale sometimes is available in a road course configuration. Jim hall kart track in oxnard is available almost anytime. California speedway has kart practice available.

Perris and the oxnard track I think is too small and tight for the size cart I would build. Although Willow springs looks to be an awesome facility, a little far but definitely worth the trip. Thanks!

mark@PhotoAhead - I came across the grange race track during my initial search and thought it might just be large enough considering it is 25-30 feet wide and 8/10 of a mile. I emailed them to find out if a home built larger cart would be allowed. Thanks