Where?

Sean

Reaction
I'm finally getting a lift put on my truck (2001 S-10 ext cab) and i'm looking for a place in the Anaheim area Within the EDISON FIELD AREA. I'm going to be getting the CST 6.5" lift (upper arms, spindales, springs and a shackle in the back) and need someone in the area to install it. My #1 concern is QUALITY, i want to make sure everything is done THE RIGHT WAY, I know its just a normal lift kit but my truck is my baby and don't want it messed up. Who would you guys recommend for this?

dadomin8r

Reaction
roadmap did hers and it's held tegether with some pretty heavy moshin'. PM her - sweetdevil

Jordan

Reaction
Instead of limiting yourself to just the EDISON FIELD AREA why dont you drive a little farther and go to a good shop. There are plenty around that can install your bolt on stuff but none that I can think of near that area. You talk about QUALITY and wanting it done THE RIGHT WAY but wont travel to a good shop? Think about it.

01Baja4x4

Reaction
You are going to run into a couple problems. The first is you are "looking for a shop." Which I take as a fab shop. Fab shops are really, really busy right now, especially the popular ones. There are months long waiting lists for people to have high dollar fab work done. Another problem is that you want a fab shop to install another MFG's kit on your truck that you didn't buy from them which means there will be time involved but not that much money for the shop. The last issue is you want something right around Edison Field though there are lots of shops with-in an hour drive of that area so you are very limited.
IMO, your best bet would be to pay a couple guys(or girls) from this board or some buddies who know what they're doing to install the kit. There are lots of very abled people on this board who would probably be glad to make an extra buck or 2 over a weekend.

I don't mean to come off harsh, just trying to lay out the facts for you.

-Tim

sweetdevil

Reaction
go to CST's website, they have a list of shops who they recommend to put it on. I think Robby Gordon's shop is close to you...
I put the kit on myself, but if you are unsure of yourself, don't do it. You forget things sometimes like extended brake lines... lol The three biggest pains with that kit are getting the old one off, drilling out the holes in the frame to 5/8" so it will take the bolt for the lower arms, and getting those POS springs in.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
you are lookin at a days labor...most shops charge about 500 bucks a day shop rate...you are better off buying $500 in tools and doing it yourself so you learn somethign and you have invested in yourself rather then somebody else.

Sean

Reaction
I will go further if need be, i was just hoping there was someone in that area. I guess i'll call RobbyGordan offroad. I would like to do it myself but i don't really have the right tools and or skill. Thanks for the help guys.

sweetdevil

Reaction
Kritter is right, If you want to learn more about your truck, that is one of the best ways to do it. I'm sure you could find some people from here who would help out to make sure you're doing it right and give you a few pointers along the way.

Jack

Reaction
T&J's is on Collins at Batevea, that is as close to Edison as you can get. They do great work, been in racing for 15 yrs+ talk to Mike or Tom 714-633-0991.

tedmales

Reaction
i have to give him props for not doing it, there are alot of people who would, and then have to pay to have it fixed, and i always charged more to fix it then to install it.

Project1500

Reaction
Theres,
Outlaw Offroad In irvine
Robby Gordon off the 91 between the 57 and 55 (exit glassel i think)
Progressive (is that a shop its by robby gordan I think if thats the name)
Dependable offroad
thats all I know of

gary

Reaction
and baja shop...but they're in orange...and usually way busy