Where's the hype????

Harley_Young

Getting back into my old 9 car this weekend to do the last half of the race in the old 959 which is now 967 that belongs to Mike Dyer. So I logged on to see what's going on in the world of class 9 and......... NOTHING!

Big car count, lots of money and no hype? No odds?

Am I in the right forum??

2, 3, 4 years ago this was the hottest forum on RDC.

So who is gonna win this weekend??
Whats everyone's take??
Who's got the odds??

Bluedemon

evryone is on social media Facebook or instagram im asuuming a bunch of actual racers can care less if some pencil pushing keyboard warrior has something to say plus by the looks of it evryones just chasing tyler peterson and trying to dethrone him, heard after the race Cody made top 3 do a compression test on em supposedly they never do it ive only seen it be done at RATR

doug969

a compression check or a Head Volume check? they have always done the volume test in the past. if they have let that slip then shame on the org's. Every race should have the volume, gear ratio, and weight checked.

Mark Carter 997

a compression check or a Head Volume check? they have always done the volume test in the past. if they have let that slip then shame on the org's. Every race should have the volume, gear ratio, and weight checked.
Hey Doug969....How would you check gear ratio? Thanks.....

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

doug969

Hey Doug969....How would you check gear ratio? Thanks.....

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
they use a disc type degree wheel that bolts onto your rear drum and it will give you the ratio in 3rd & 4th when you turn the motor over. Some org's have been testing fuel also....

Mohr

The wheel goes on one drum, the other wheel on the ground. The diff is 2 to 1, so with every crank rotation, the wheel will move only a certain amount based on the final drive ratio. all 5 gears can be checked.(reverse also). A proper fuel check will also tell you if there is any significant compression in the motor. Today's 91 will only support about 8 to 8.5 to 1 with a standard VW chamber...

ACME

Hey worm: Don't forget they need to weigh the cars correctly!

Remember that time at band camp; when they weighed that car with the jack, tools and it still had fuel in it WAFJ :confused:

Then when they pumped it, it had green "pump gas":mad:

Back in the "Good Old Days" when post tech mattered: I remember Doug having Art drag the scales out at tech as he made a few changes to the blue rocket. We then spent 2 hours pulling the fuel cell and reinstalling the steel plate under it in the parking lot at Southpoint to make sure it was the correct legal weight for the race.

Nowadays people just want their participation ribbon and to post on instaface. Think about how many heads got pulled when Cory was ruling the field. Now, not so much...