• Forum membership has its advantages....

which class 10 engine supplier

rocky4by

Needing to buy an engine for our class 10 car pretty soon, any opinions of the different suppliers, Danzio, Wiks, Turnkey, Redline, CBM? There is a pretty good price difference with a few of them, also choice of life racing, or stock computer? anything else I should be considering?
Thanks for any information.

D-rek

The stock computer hasn't let me down yet. I am pretty sure Pfankuch uses it as well. I personally use CBM but everyone has their favorite...

D-rek

The OEM computer has full OBDII interface it doesn't get easier then that to diagnose!

philofab

Powered by Optima
The OEM computer doesn't have speed limited for speed zones, no lift shifting, nor does it do as well on the dyno.

If you can afford it, the aftermarket computers do a lot more for you. Life makes a great product and Danzio does a great job making it all work.

rocky4by

I think its coming down to Danzio or Redline, I think Alumicraft works with Redline and they have package setup for their class 10 cars they build. I will have to check and see what all comes with the Danzio setup, the no lift shift looks to work very well:) I'm sure we will go with the life racing computer, also what real world HP numbers are you guys coming up with at the rear wheels?

Chris@DanZio

The LIfe Racing GDI4 ECU and harness with Throttle pedal and two pressure sensors (oil) (fuel) no lift shift and throttle blip are around $5500-$5800 for the 2.4 Ecotec

Our complete 2.4 GDI engine package with ECU and billet parts, alt.. Etc.. Engine Dyno tuned are $14000.

I feel our GDI engine package is the most reliable fuel efficient power delivering package you can buy, we have more first place wins than I can remember with them, not trying to put anyone's engines down but we have worked hard developing this engine package and have built over 200 of them I'm pretty confident in them :)

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

RedRide

The LIfe Racing GDI4 ECU and harness with Throttle pedal and two pressure sensors (oil) (fuel) no lift shift and throttle blip are around $5500-$5800 for the 2.4 Ecotec

Our complete 2.4 GDI engine package with ECU and billet parts, alt.. Etc.. Engine Dyno tuned are $14000.

I feel our GDI engine package is the most reliable fuel efficient power delivering package you can buy, we have more first place wins than I can remember with them, not trying to put anyone's engines down but we have worked hard developing this engine package and have built over 200 of them I'm pretty confident in them :)

This seams reasonable. I am assuming it also includes the standard MAF and O2 sensors as well?