Which Coils....?

I just got the Total Chaos Uni-Ball kit and am having it installed this week on my Toyota. Along with it I am getting 2.5 King coil-overs, but as far as the spring poundage what do you guys suggest on my truck. I know its a lighte truck so I was thinking 500# springs??? Let me know your opinions. Its a standard cab, with the 4 banger.

cleartoy

On my 94 Toy 2wd std cab 4cyl 5 spd, im running the TC uniball kit. Im running 250/550 springs and it rides nice and low. The arms are almost parrallel with the ground due to the top springs light rating.

For the really hard deep whoops, id like to either go to 650 lbs bottom springs or air bumps.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Cool thanx for the help guys. Hey Cleartoy, Your truck looks so much wider than most Toys I see with the Uniball kit, did you do something else to it or is it just like that?

cleartoy

ITs got 1.25" wheel spacers up front to clear the 33-12.50-15s on 7s. If you run 33-10.50s you dont need the spacers, as the tires would clear the upper arms in that case.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

OGCamber

I have dual 500s on my truck. I have to admit, it is a little stiff on the street (planning to drop back to 450 or 425 on top coil) but once you get it in the dirt it seems to be just fine. I have to admit that the truck rides an inch or so higher than I would like it to, but again it performs killer out in the dirt, so I probably won't start screwing with it too much (if it ain't broke, don't fix it - right).

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

Hey OGCamber...I saw teh install on your truck in the mag, looked pretty clean. I talked to the shop today doin the install they went with a 450 over a 500. Should be good from what you guys are saying. ClearToy, aren't you worried about the stresses on that spacer? I've heard a lot of opinions about using those on the front of the truck not being safe and all.....

cleartoy

Your truck must be alot higher in the front than mine with those coils.

PRT, i think 1.25" is conservative. The thing about these is that you bolt these to the hubs, then they have thier own sef of lugs inbetween the factory lugs to bolt to the wheel. If it was to be used with longer studs in the factory location only, id deffinitely worry about shearing factor.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??