• Forum membership has its advantages....

Which Floater Hubs Would You Buy?

-GMR-

Nice try to save face...
yep, you caught me... your so smooth its like your a detective.. completely busted! Look at the bright side, if this whole camburg thing doesn't work out then you should look into investigation work.

thanks for the free advertising, even though this site isn't really my core audience...

Jason

Last edited:

CRAIG_HALL

Huh, camburg in another my penis is bigger then yours argument. How original... :(
Takes two... And he has a boner for Camburg and always pokes it at them whenever possible.

I'm just glad to know the self proclaimed most knowledgeable hub guy visits our forum. I'm sure he used this info to tell BMS how to make their hubs as well as his.

As far as housings there's a reason the top TT teams use ID housings and some their hubs as well.

Jerry Zaiden

Jason and chris you guys are a joke.

Both dont race and both have nothing in this industry. Both just internet know it alls that just act like experts and talk crap when you think you need to add your .02

This thread was fine until GMR came in trying to discredit our 2.250" hubs i ignored it because i know everyone can see through his bull sh it. Then he makes some lame as comment trying to call me out for calling a crush sleeve a crush sleeve. Then i type "crush sleeve floater hub" into google and in 2 seconds GMRs picture comes up because GMR in his own words in another forum calls a crush sleeve a crush sleeve.

Fact is GMR has TRIED to make it in off road and FAILED. look at his build threads of crap that never gets completed and how he acts like an expert yet gets called out in every thread.

He is bitter with Camburg because we called him out to save a desert racer from getting screwed.

I am sure most can read between the lines and see his crap.

Like i said this thread was fine until GMR started cra p and ruined it. Now Chris feels like he needs to add his .02 as well? Get a clue guys.

sirhk100

Nevermind, not even worth the reply now you do just fine looking "professional" like always. Let's just add Pete to the mix to get the pissing contest in full swing. Like you said, just another helpful thread off track due to another pissing contest that you're once again involved in. Sorry if you don't see the pattern Jerry. BTW, I've never met GMR, never even looked at their product line to be honest, don't know your history with them, etc... BTW, I was reading this thread because of interest and commented because of your actions taking it off topic. Thanks

Last edited:

-GMR-

Takes two... And he has a boner for Camburg and always pokes it at them whenever possible.

I'm just glad to know the self proclaimed most knowledgeable hub guy visits our forum. I'm sure he used this info to tell BMS how to make their hubs as well as his.

As far as housings there's a reason the top TT teams use ID housings and some their hubs as well.
Not camburg as a whole, just liars.

and yes, I do know more about hubs then anyone I have come across, some I have learned from Nate but mostly searching out the proper expert sources on everything from ceramic bearings to titanium build fabricated housings. Do I know everything about everything, no... but I'm working on it! Sorry but I have done the research, hubs are my thing. What seperates me is that I know what I'm an expert in and simply don't pretend to know everything.

Yes, Dave is making something unique... But where does that come into play with your BS comments about Tubeworks TIG welding over Spray Arc? .... sounds like some low blow smack talk to me craig.... please dont stoop to jerrys level man, your talents are far too good for that.

-GMR-

Jason and chris you guys are a joke.

Both dont race and both have nothing in this industry. Both just internet know it alls that just act like experts and talk crap when you think you need to add your .02

This thread was fine until GMR came in trying to discredit our 2.250" hubs i ignored it because i know everyone can see through his bull sh it. Then he makes some lame as comment trying to call me out for calling a crush sleeve a crush sleeve. Then i type "crush sleeve floater hub" into google and in 2 seconds GMRs picture comes up because GMR in his own words in another forum calls a crush sleeve a crush sleeve.

Fact is GMR has TRIED to make it in off road and FAILED. look at his build threads of crap that never gets completed and how he acts like an expert yet gets called out in every thread.

He is bitter with Camburg because we called him out to save a desert racer from getting screwed.

I am sure most can read between the lines and see his crap.

Like i said this thread was fine until GMR started cra p and ruined it. Now Chris feels like he needs to add his .02 as well? Get a clue guys.
oh, how uneducated you are... GMR failed? .... lol..... I left for bigger and better things, offroad is only so big and my overall goals are larget then that. The fact is simple, I enjoy the other industry more, and its far larger... look at my site.... thegmr.com..... you crack me up at how some simple comments send you into a fury as if Im personally attacking you... Even wasting time on google searching for me.

Dezert00Taco

Hasn't nate BMS been making his own hubs before camburg started making their own?

Jerry Zaiden

Hasn't nate BMS been making his own hubs before camburg started making their own?
Speedway Engineering and Desert Specialties have been making hubs for Camburg for over 10 years. Speedway only makes his style hubs and did not want to build a stronger off-road hub and Desert Specialties could not keep up with production. Then we had our other machinest making parts for us the way we want them but same story lagged at delivery. Then 6 years ago we bought our own machines and we have been going strong ever since.

Dezert00Taco

Speedway Engineering and Desert Specialties have been making hubs for Camburg for over 10 years. Speedway only makes his style hubs and did not want to build a stronger off-road hub and Desert Specialties could not keep up with production. Then we had our other machinest making parts for us the way we want them but same story lagged at delivery. Then 6 years ago we bought our own machines and we have been going strong ever since.
yea i know desert specialties was making your hubs but it was just his hub with a different end cap. i talked to doug about it a long time ago when i was at his shop.

Jerry Zaiden

yea i know desert specialties was making your hubs but it was just his hub with a different end cap. i talked to doug about it a long time ago when i was at his shop.
NOPE!!!

We gave him designs... 2" and 2.250" hubs. He then brought it apon himself to sell our designs to other people. Another reason why we stopped using him. Back on topic... This thread is about what hubs to buy and why...

D. Freeman

It would be cool if one of you guys to win the pissing contest could sponsor the Dirt Yota kid a set of blem hubs. After all he could have been working to earn money to buy some but has poured all his time into reading this banter... So who is gonna hook him up?

Jerry Zaiden

Camburg 2.250" Hub

These are a great economical option with race and championship winning results.

Winning results = Heidi Steele multiple wins also 5 championships in the last 5 years class 6, 7200, 7sx, Travis and Chase Borden multiple race wins 7200 and ?, Scott McFarland multiple wins in class 8. Other wins in 1450, 1400, class 8, 7s, 7sx, 7200, 7, etc... Also used in ProLite with Kyle Leduc and others in short course.

2.250" bearings have 5000lb more Dynamic Radial load rating than a 2.5" hub and fit up to a 40 spline axle. (2.250" = 18,900lb) (2.5" = 13,900lb) 2.250" bearings have 36% more Dynamic Radial load rating. The inner spindle radius is also much larger reducing the chance of cracks. This is known as "max shaft fillet radius "2.250" is a .20 and a 2.5" has a .06 the 2.250" bearing has a 234% larger radius.

Racer price $1395.00 comes with 2 hubs, bearings, seals, 5/8" wheel studs, crush sleeves, rotor adapters, 4.250" hub centric center caps, 4140 heat treated drive plates in 35 or 40 spline, and hardware.

Last edited:

Jerry Zaiden

It would be cool if one of you guys to win the pissing contest could sponsor the Dirt Yota kid a set of blem hubs. After all he could have been working to earn money to buy some but has poured all his time into reading this banter... So who is gonna hook him up?
Have him call me and I will see what I can do!

Last edited:

CRAIG_HALL

as far as Proam hubs go. They have a "race" version as well as a prerunner version. Different parts completely so be sure you're comparing apples to apples when shopping around.

-GMR-

Ooooo, TI rear end housing. Somewhere Mickey Thompson is laughing. Your about 30 years behind.............
perfect example as to how I can become an expert in just about anything I want to.... Learn from those who have more years under their belt then myself. Its not rocket science, find out WHO to ask and WHAT questions to ask then test and test again. All to often, especially in off-road the EGO gets in the way of knowledge. Those with a large EGO simply believe that they know everything and thus stop looking and seeking out other solutions. In the past year I have learned far more then all my past years combined ten fold. If you happen to know of someone who either has or is trying to do something like I am then let me know, willing to bet I have already been there and studied it. I know what MT did, along with a few other Drag guys, and even MW who has dabbled with it. What I'm doing is slightly different, It would not matter anyways... there will always be critics... regardless... hasn't stopped me yet.

I do have a slight advantage when it comes to tapered roller bearings... my grandpa worked in engineering and sales for Timken Bearings for 40+ years.... most of my questions are simply a phone call away... Everything used in off-road and muscle cars I have seen was on his desk many years ago....

motoxscott

The bottom line is stay away from 2.25 bearing hubs and small bearing spreads.
Jason, please explain this in detail as to why 2.25 bearings are something to stay away from when compared to a 2.5 bearing hub. Just like you've said about yourself, I don't know everything and I'm always eager to learn more. I might have missed something but reading this entire thread I have yet to see why you feel this way.

- Scott

-GMR-

Jason, please explain this in detail as to why 2.25 bearings are something to stay away from when compared to a 2.5 bearing hub. Just like you've said about yourself, I don't know everything and I'm always eager to learn more. I might have missed something but reading this entire thread I have yet to see why you feel this way.

- Scott
-reduced bearing spread
-decreased snout material due to stuffing a 40 spline axle with a 2.25 OD bearing surface
-drive plate indexes on studs where it is threaded, not shank (more my personal thoughts)
-the 2.25 bearing does not hold up to the (because of larger rollers) pre-load tension as well as other units (longevity), but might not even be an issue in off-road due to constant prep.

I feel there is no need to go on tearing it apart. It was designed for a reason that way and I understand it, also a reason why others do NOT build these hubs.
Jason

idealer

I think jason should make one of those cool videos explaining it.