• Forum membership has its advantages....

Which Floater Hubs Would You Buy?

Jerry Zaiden

We I endoed my truck when the stock spindle failed, and almost put me out of racing before I ever really began, so I saved for 3 months and just picked up the Camburg 2.25 Front spindles for my Ranger. This is a major upgrade for me as I am a new aspiring Racer, I am putting them on Giant Beams so I have some modifications to do to make them work and will go slow to get it right.
The quality looks great and Most off Roaders know that if you want dependability you go Camburg.

So thanks for a Great product and everyone wish me some luck getting them put on and getting the truck rebuilt and race ready again.!!
PS. Jerry if you have any tips for me feel free to pm me!
Call me at the shop and I will go over a few options for you when you are installing them. 714 848-8880

Just curious. What is the average wait time on a set of floater hubs?
We have them in stock ready to ship! You can even order online. www.camburg.com/products/hub-kits/

Zambo

Those spindles look cool. I have giant beams as well, they fit a 4x4 knuckle which I believe is a Dana 50? Will those spindles work or do you have to make some sort of custom spacer? BTW Jerry, how much for just the knuckle and snout?

Jerry Zaiden

Those spindles look cool. I have giant beams as well, they fit a 4x4 knuckle which I believe is a Dana 50? Will those spindles work or do you have to make some sort of custom spacer? BTW Jerry, how much for just the knuckle and snout?
I will check this week if they will work. Just the spindles with snouts are $1200 for the pair.

aiiraciing

Just curious. What is the average wait time on a set of floater hubs?
Wait, you still haven't gotten you're hubs! ?

How many months has it been and what kind of "stories" are they feeding you?

Scott_F

Gmr- what is the significance of the bearing location to wms ratio of distances? Can you elaborate? With different wheel offsets i would think that ratio would be less meaningful than bearing to wheel center.
I would like to read some opinions from "the experts" regarding the relationship of the center of the bearings to the centerline of the wheel.

Jerry Zaiden

Here are a few shots of our new rear 3.250" TT snouts.

Machine pre heat treat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342670375.480255.jpg

Post heat treat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342670410.545136.jpg

Machined after heat treat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342670449.147935.jpg

Machined on left, heat treated on right before machine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342670465.416331.jpg

All Out Motorsports

Recommended a good buddy to camburg for a rearend, put an order in a month or 2 ago and says customer service sucks AZZ, and nobody will ever return his call. This is the last time i recommend camburg for anything nor will i buy from them again.

Jerry Zaiden

Recommended a good buddy to camburg for a rearend, put an order in a month or 2 ago and says customer service sucks AZZ, and nobody will ever return his call. This is the last time i recommend camburg for anything nor will i buy from them again.
I just called your buddy Ty and talked to him about this. He said he is not all that upset? A little frustrated because Scott did not call him back right away but we are very busy and Scott was out of town twice in the last 4 weeks.

He ordered a housing 5 weeks ago then a few weeks ago added hubs and brakes then a few days ago added axles. We are doing our best here to meet all our customer needs. I think the main issue here is Scott was out of town on vacation for a week then out again for a few days so when your buddy called he did not get calls back right away. Either way building a complete housing to a custom spec then adding snouts and brake mounts ads time to these orders. Our standard quoted time is 2-4 weeks for a custom housing. We are right there +1 week with added work to it that was added in the last week or two.

Sorry you had to post for your friend who did not seem all that upset when I just called him...

Either way Ty will be getting a bad as s rear end with some bad a ss race proven parts!

All Out Motorsports

I just called your buddy Ty and talked to him about this. He said he is not all that upset? A little frustrated because Scott did not call him back right away but we are very busy and Scott was out of town twice in the last 4 weeks.

He ordered a housing 5 weeks ago then a few weeks ago added hubs and brakes then a few days ago added axles. We are doing our best here to meet all our customer needs. I think the main issue here is Scott was out of town on vacation for a week then out again for a few days so when your buddy called he did not get calls back right away. Either way building a complete housing to a custom spec then adding snouts and brake mounts ads time to these orders. Our standard quoted time is 2-4 weeks for a custom housing. We are right there +1 week with added work to it that was added in the last week or two.

Sorry you had to post for your friend who did not seem all that upset when I just called him...

Either way Ty will be getting a bad as s rear end with some bad a ss race proven parts!
Sorry Jerry I jumped the gun and got ahead of myself a little knowing sand season is only a couple weeks away, You guys have top notch parts and thats why I have bought them in the past, I only recommended a housing setup from you guys because I DO believe it is top notch race proven quality, once again sorry i jumped the gun, i guess im just a little more impatient knowing my truck is years away from being finished and his is only a rearend away. I know its a busy time of year with all the expos and desert season so turn a round times may vary. So my mistake Jerry.