which is more advanced?

Greg

Reaction
Here's a question for all the race fans/ fab guys: Who has more advanced technology, SCORE TT or CORR pro 2/ pro 4? Specifically to compare Herbst's 4x TT to ,say, Rob MacChacren's pro 4. Or the Gieser truggy to Evan Evans pro 2? I know the Corr trucks are limited to 18" front , 20" rear travel but is one faster than the other or lighter or stronger? What about hp or shock design or style/ strength of axle? Would a Corr truck do ok in the desert or not? would a tt do ok in a short course race?

Greg

Jimmy8

Reaction
I think a lot of stuff is crossed over between the 2. I think stuff like shocks and rearends are the same in both. As far as running a stadium truck in the desert curt leduc tried it. He ran his stadium jeep in trophy truck at Laughlin one year. I cant remember what place he got but I think he tore it up pretty bad. As far as tt's running stadium, I think the horsepower is the same, stadium might have a slight advantage. Jumps and rough would go to the TT's, and corners would go to the stadiums guys because TT's dont turn worth a crap. There would have to be huge sweeping turns for the TT's to be able to stay up. I wish Riverside was still here. That would be a great crossover venue.

EQuin

Reaction
I agree with Jimmy. The CORR trucks are lower to the ground, have travel restrictions and have to take much sharper turns than the TT's, which is probably why they're kept much lower to the ground. Plus I don't think they catch the insane amount of air that the TT's catch sometimes, so my guess is that they're probably not built to be able to handle such huge jumps, but I could be wrong.

Just my humble uneducated opinion on the differences between the two. Take care,

Ed

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
One is build to last 10 minute heats the other to withstand 15 hours races on the same TH400.
Shortcourse has more power under hood.

mike_hinson

Reaction
With Riverside gone, I wish a promoter would try Willow Springs again, or try to work something out with the SCCA at Buttonwillow. Lots of room at both places for a Riverside type of course, except Buttonwillow is pretty flat. Willow Springs is close to everything and has varied terrain.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I talked with Rob MacCachren before Laughlin a couple years ago, trying to get him to bring his CORR truck out to race in TT. He said his truck would never make it due to all the rocks and ruts. They try and save on weight as much as possible. There rear ends don't have as much support as they would if it was used in the desert. The motors are punched out a little more and I don't think they would survive 5 to 10 hours at race speeds, let alone the transmission. The year Curt LeDuc raced, I think he broke all the rear shock mounts off the Jeep.

scott

Reaction
Intresting question!!!!!! Trophy Trucks have more wheel travel, and are set up for the long haul, but the
PRO-4, and PRO-2 trucks are built for on and off the gas. I think the CORR truck are built more durable, only because of the conditions that they do.... Here shop and compare. Mike Tieman with his S-10 trophy truck and Lonnie Helmbolt with the Macachran lowrider ran a CORR race in Vegas in Pro-2 and they where the last 2 cars to finish. Not the right set-up... But the Curt Leduc ran his old SODA Jeep grand cherokee a couple of years @ laughlin and did pretty good, considering.....But its the long haul that killed him.... So Pro's----Trophy Trucks, Big Wheel travel, 650 to 750 HP
PRO-4&2---- More HP 700 to 800, the the transmissions are built better...
So who wins?????? I guess thats why you have two seperate vehicles for two different forms of racing..........

martininsocal

Reaction
and thats why it sucks! if you had a vehicle you could run either shortcourse or desert, think of how much more fun you could have! as it is now, if you build a truck, it is either desert or shortcourse, but it would not be competitive in both.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Jack

Reaction
You could biuld one that would do "well" in both, but you could not biuld one that would be the "best" in both.

scott

Reaction
DITTO MARTIN, And I think thats why Mike Smith was building the Herbst Trophy Truck, for the best of both worlds..........

RacerX

Reaction
Dale Dondel's class 1 car is pretty much identical to Rob MacCachren's Pro-4. They are both Nie Frank vehicles's. And also everyone talks about the short course motor comp[ared to a TT motor. The Herder Truggy has a Leon Patton built short course motor in it that was capable of beating the Herbst Truggy.

Just my $.02