Which Lowrance for Pre-Runner

MTPyle

Reaction
I agree it’s odd that this is the best option but it is. Haha

I would do the 9” if you can. We just put the 7” in our can am and it’s OK size but you are pretty close to it. In a full size pre runner or anything larger I would want the 9”. I kind of wish I would have put the 9” in ours. It’s just so dang expensive. LOL

but having the same gps in your pre runner as your race vehicle is really important. Plus the hand held remote works really well for marking the course.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
We also have an IPad with LeadNav. It’s pretty good. Not as rugged and can overheat but LeadNav is great and transfers to the Lowrance really well. Only issue is you really need the external GPS unit and it dies or needs to be hard wired and mounted. So you end up with two devices to do what the Lowrance does. Cheaper for sure though.

Mike

FourLow

Reaction
Better then tablet?
We just ditched LeadNav for a new 9" Elite Lowrance. The iPad was too dim, got way to dusty, and we had to wire a bigger USB plug in to keep that and the external antennae charged. LeadNav is awesome for the chase truck, making routes for trail rides and *maybe* as a backup for Hammers, but not ideal for racing.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Hagle how’d Baja treat you guys. Car looked good. Post race report?
We were doing great. Holding our pace and not getting too crazy. Turns out around mile 120-130 we were running 1st on corrected time until we hit the traffic. The two bottlenecks cost us about an hour. I saw people scavenging up the wash, looked at my satellite maps that I had downloaded to my phone, decided that going miles around the race course would for sure wind up being a disqualification, turns out I was wrong, turned out to be the winning way.

I don’t want to take credit away from those guys, but it seems to be a grey area in the rules. SCORE should be more clear. Whatever.

The only thing that matters to me was hearing my grandpa tell me that it made him happy seeing that we could run with the best and we’ll leave them in the dust in the future.

JBuggy21

Reaction
Sounds like a lot of good things. That track looked really rough and technical, finishing probably felt like a win by itself. Did you get gramps in the car?