Which Muffler?

SByota

Reaction
Later this week I will be doing a custom cat back system on my 90 Toyota 4X4 V6. I figure 2.25 pipe is plenty big, my question is what muffler? I have flowmasters on my Chevelle and have been happy with them but I dont want my truck to sound like an angry honda. Any suggestions

cleartoy

Reaction
2.25" is ok. 2 chamber Flowmaster, or a Spintech will sound great.

Sometimes at the shop, we even go 2.5" into the muff, but 2.25" tailpipe.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
slap a flowmaster onit and forget it most 4 banger trucks have a deeper sound because they dont rev as high and start to resinate like a honda would, borla is a great muffler but you have to kick down some $$$ for those, spin tech is another good muffler but Im partial to flowmaster's...Mike

SByota

Reaction
I just got a 2 chamber flowmaster installed. It sounds great the shop here charged me $100 bucks total, 2.25" from the cat back no tailpipe. Did a pretty good job, thought about the borla but too much $$$$$. Thanks for all the imput though.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
whats the difference between a sigle chamber and a dual chamber? i was thinking of the single but want to know what the differences are before i get it. my budy got a dula chamber flowmaster and his truck sounds pretty cool would a single sound different?

Gregg

redline

Reaction
a single stage flowmaster makes a stock v8 sound like a race truck and a makes a v-6 and 4cyl sounds liuke crap.

cleartoy

Reaction
1 chamber will be louder than a 2 chamber. Just like 2 chamber will be louder than a 3 chamber. More chambers=less sound.

Project1500

Reaction
I had a dual chamber 40 series (non delta flow) on my truck and recently switched it out with a single chamber flowmaster. I think it sounds alot better but thats on a 5.7L.

Dual chamber flowmasters are about 13" long (casing only) and the single chambers are about 4" long (casing only).