Which Seats?

NOODLE

Reaction
Ok, i am going to be buying some seats for my truck in the next week or so and wanted to get a little input from users, about which kind i should get. my truck is an extended cab. what are pro's and cons of high back vs. low back seats. also which company should i go with: Beard, Mastercraft, Recaro, Corbeau, etc. I would like to stay under 200pr. seat if possible. Any input would be of great help. Thanks.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

jeff

Reaction
Seats are all preference and budget... but my idea is that a low-back seat for street use can get ugly if someone decides to nerf you on the 405 during rush hour. No neck support for long hauls sucks too. Trying to sleep in a low-back is not only difficult, it winds up being painful. I've prerun in low back equipped trucks a few times and anything over 300 miles a day would turn my neck to junk. I'd go high back for a street truck just for comfort and safety reasons.

If you are tall, short, skinny, or not so skinny, you can get a seat to fit YOU the driver. I got Beards custom built extra tall with a wide headrest for my own vehicle and they are comfortable for me but other shorter people don't fit in them well. Just keep that in mind if you go the custom route. If your chick (or dude) is always riding with you it'd be a nice gesture to select a seat they will be most comfortable in.

Aloha

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I would recommend a lowside like a prerun or sportsman model for a daily driver. That way its not a joke to get in and out of the truck everytime you go around the corner. I have Mastercraft Prerun series hiback and I love them. They are not to hard to get in and out of and are super comfy...if you are not to skinny though I would suggest getting them 2" wider.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
For under $200 per seat, Beard is the only way to go. They make a few seats.
This is the most popular the super seat by beard.
They can come in any color you want.

bajaruner11

Reaction
After dealing with both companies in the past mastercraft is the only way to go. "Jeff" is spot on about going with HI-back seats, Low backs just plain hurt! Go to www.mastercraft.com and check out all of their seats. They are a little more than beard but allot better in quality, and customer service. I think the seat your looking for is the pre-run series, it's very comfortable and has low cut sides.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I have the Mastercraft Pro seats with a high back. For a daily driver, go with a lower side (prerunner seat) like fish said for easy access. For your budget go with Beard, they are a great seat for the money. But, if you can get the cash together, go for the Mastercraft. There is no doubt that they are the best.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

hoeker

Reaction
i'll have to recommend the beards. i use them in my race truck and wouldn't trade them for anything, regardless of price. mine have been brown with wisconsin clay and clean up nice. several times i've had the seat out of the truck and washed it with the hose and scrub brush. after 2 years of race use you can't tell the difference from a new seat if they were side by side.

go with the low sides for street use, and i like my high back.

Build it right, Drive it hard.
www.rosshoek.com

punkassslacker

Reaction
I have the Beard Ultra seats and I'm pretty happy with them. The only drawback to them is if you're using it for a daily driver, the seats are pretty high on the sides. All in all there not that bad, I'm very happy with mine. As far as high back and low backs go, I would go with high backs all the way since its way to easy to get wiplash with low backs. I would just recommend going to Kartech since they have a hole bunch on display.

A word of wisdom..."Expectations are premeditated disappointments"

singlehanded

Reaction
I got some beard ultras also they are very comfotrable but I rarely go into our library at home and sit on them. Hopefully they will be in my truck by the beginning of next year. I paid $225 each at that offroad swapmeet new and they are high back with adjustable headrest.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

bandikook

Reaction
are jaz seats any good as far as quality? they are really cheap as far as pricee. Has anybody used them?

singlehanded

Reaction
usually youll find you get what you pay for so I usually save up and get the best parts the first time it saves a lot of headaches in the long run. Always do a lot of research before spending cash on a expensive part for your truck. If in doubt go with a brand name beard , mastercraft, sparco youll get the quality you want.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Are the Jaz ones the hard plastic ones in the Summit catalog that you can buy thin padded covers for? If so don't even bother, they are really uncomfortable. I used the Summit ones when I first built my truck about 6 years ago. Then I got a set of Beards.

NOODLE

Reaction
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INFO, I WILL TAKE IT ALL INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE THE PURCHASE. THANKS!!!!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

BigD

Reaction
check out the kartek seats...they seem pretty comparable to beard and mastercraft and quite a bit cheaper too

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Somebody said they are PRP's when I asked a while back. The beards that Jerry showed are nice for prerunning and dailydriving...low sides. I would ahve to say that mastercrafts are superior to most though. We just switched in our race truck to Mastercrafts and they are so comfortable....and i'm a fat guy!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."