Which TT will kick butt next season?

Ryno

Reaction
39" tire?? I'd love to know exactly how much floatation is gained by 2". I don't see is being cost effective in the long run. I think everyone except Herbst will probably put it off for a season. I'd love to see Chad Ragland step into Dad's shoes and go at it. Scott will be a force this year, the big red monster as usual, Baldwins need to learn to keep a truck in one piece. Collins should be somewhere in the hunt too. Is Pflueger going to join forces with Collins in the TT?? Would be nice to see a Bowtie win one.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

robert_encinas

Reaction
i dont think any of the new truck teams are going to be chasing any championships, they may win a race here or there.
i think it may vary well be once again between the herbst and the ashley/smith teams. they have the money and time behind
them.but what the hell do i know? as for the class 7 comments i would put manny,rodger or larry against any of these 7 trucks
of today with their old trucks, particulary manny's and rodger's 1991 trucks.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I think the guy on the left in this photo will be the champ if he ever gets his Dodge done:)

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Elcaprerunner..check on my earlier thread, I mentioned all that before.

Tommy and kyle are Down to earth on the racing scene, love to do it but, wont take unnecessary risk. Kyle doesn't like the "bobby traps" and all the chaos of mexico. Also they don't want to take all the equipment and trucks down there, to much risk in their eyes, they are not like the blank check racers, it would be hard for them to replace all the equipment if lost some how. He did drive one time for the mango trucks, There is a bunch of A+ DRIVERs, when he was done he got out and said that is it and went home. The herbst wanted him to drive for them during the 1000 and other long races as a middle man but he declined.

dejavue Kyle said that they were going to race the more prestigeous races of score such as laughlin, primm etc, no mexico.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Kyle preps and co-drives the Mango Protrucks that race in baja often.

PJCinLV

yotatech

Reaction
kyle does not prep or race the mango trucks, however his two awsome fabricators do. Vince and Dave do all of the preping of the trucks as well as go down to chase.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

kyle does not prep or race the mango trucks, however his two awsome fabricators do. Vince and Dave do all of the preping of the trucks as well as go down to chase.

<hr></blockquote>

Okay, then Kyle's employees prep the Mango trucls.

On his driving roles in Baja. We chased a Mango Protruck with Kyle driving for a short ways in the 2001 Baja 1000. Kyle has told me that he shares the left seat in one or more of those trucks in Baja on numerous occassions.

PJCinLV

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "Putting Water in the Motor and Having It Come Out the Exhaust???? "

Josh,
The Triton motor that Dave and Dan run in their TT has had it's share of head gasket problems in the past. Remember the baja 2000? They ran the entire race with cooling problems. I think Ford now has a handle on that. At the Henderson race they cracked a heat exchanger that caused them to burn down the motor. Not really the motors fault that time.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

scott

Reaction
Dave, Hate to sound like a homer but, I'm going with my team RIVIERA..... We were close, and thats horseshoes and handgrenades..you either win or don't.... but Jim Blackmore and Kelly Courie are busting their butts back at the shop, getting that truck dialed in and getting rid of the gremlins.... Mark Post getting way faster and Jerry Whelchel....driving FB.... its gonna happen...

rt_racer

Reaction
I dont know who will win tt this year but Im sure they will all have a lot of fun trying. Last Wed. I went to Parker testing the Geiser tt that Gary Dircks and Mark Porter just picked up. Gary took off for a drive , came back and said it wasnt like a 7 truck. Imagine that. Larry Ragland showed up and took Porter for a ride then it was my turn. I had a hard time getting my helmut on cause I had a big smile on my face. Larry drove over big whoops faster than I ever thought possible then he got on the graded road by Midway and we were gone.Hooked up like a slot car, the guy can drive.Thanks for the ride guys. Good luck to Dircks & Porter this year. My wife tells me I have been smiling a lot since that ride. I think I can die happy now.

Bryan_D

Reaction
Isnt that truck sponsored by Chas Roberts also? I live here in Phx and saw it I believe on a trailer around a month ago or so.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It was sponsored by him when the Geiser's were racing it.......

See ya in the dirt!

rt_racer

Reaction
they bought the truck from Roberts. I dont know if he will sponser them or if he wanted out completly. Its a good truck.

Bryan_D

Reaction
It was a new truck isnt it? Chas Roberts is a pretty good sized company and if I am not mistaken is ran by a lady. The man died I think. Either way it looks really nice. Later on.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
The truck was built last season, however I think the Geiser's ran it for the 2 or 3 races it entered. I don't think Chas ever raced it.

See ya in the dirt!

bpthirteen

Reaction
Some of these trucks are getting old. I talked to somebody at RPS who told me that Scott's truck is really showing signs of aging. The Enduro guys have said that they need to build a new chassis soon and I talked to somebody with the Herbst team who said the truggy needs to be replaced soon. Mark Posts truck has a ton of races on it. I wonder when some of these top teams are going to build new chassis.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
The Chas Roberts truck was just built prior to Primm. It was a crash course in TT building and I think they started it after the San Felipe 250 or the 500 and it was ready for Primm(non tested), Primm was its first race and they had minor teething issues as expected and then again some issues on its next race. Then Don Roberts sold it to Porter and Dircks. The original deal was for the Geisers to build and race the vehicle and for this I think they built it for a discount and they would run it. But I think Don was not happy with the results of the two races, or maybe figured out how damn expensive funding a TT program is and unloaded everything including the 3 brand new crew cab f250's with the gps, radios, light bars, boxes with welders, generators etc... Too bad for the Geisers a great truck for Porter and Dircks. We shall see how well it runs once it gets some test time. Its a very nice build. Best of luck to the new team.

"faster than it looks"

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: "I wonder when some of these top teams are going to build new chassis."

To be honest I don't think you'll see many new cars from the top teams. They have the budgets to simply modify and rebuild areas of the car that need it. The Herbst TT for example has had a new front end built from the firewall forward about a year ago along with new A-arms etc. If you can keep throwing new components at it periodically it should run for a long time.

A good example of this is some of Walkers old trucks. I think some of them are still around and racing and they were built in the late 80's and early 90's. They just get upgrades and new owners from time to time.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
"A good example of this is some of Walkers old trucks. I think some of them are still around and racing and they were built in the late 80's and early 90's. They just get upgrades and new owners from time to time."

About the only thing left from the original build on ours is about 3' of frame. Everything has been replaced at one time or another. I think it was originally an 8 truck.....

Yes, Scotts truck has a lot of patch's on the rear end of the truck. But thats ok, it's twice as thick now in the spot that cracked and will take twice as long to break again.......

As for the "New chassis", some of them don't even make it through a season without ripping apart something.....