Which type of lift to get?

FordFreak

Reaction
I am still relatively new to the sport/fun of off-roading and have been reading posts on here for a good year trying to learn some stuff. I have a '99 F-150 and am looking to finally get the front done. I am going to go with the CST long travel lift but am still wondering if I should go with C/O's or just stick with the coil bucket set-up. I saw that a guy was selling a CST long travel with the King C/O and that is exactly what I would want if I go C/O. My question is many fold... should I go with the C/O if my truck is my daily driver? If I go C/O how often would I have to rebuild my shocks, heims on the uppers, bumpstops, and BJ's. If I go c/o how much can I expect to pay for rebuilding this previously mentioned item? I would love to go off-raoding more and if I get my front done then I think that I will join a club to find guys to go with. Do you guys think that I should just stick with the coil bucket style for now or get the c/o? I would love to hear from you guys. thanks.

empire231

Reaction
well you shouldn't need to worry about ball joints, because the new kits come equiped w/ uni-ball uppers and lowers. those should last a long time w/ out any problems unless you are mashing your truck hardcore! i would go w/ the coilover kit because it will ride better, it's adjustable and they will also last along time w/out needing to be rebuilt. also, your gonna need to get glass fenders up-front because that kit widens your track width and it has more travel. hope this helps a bit, good luck.

FordFreak

Reaction
Right now I am running 35's with 3" spindles up front and glassworks fenders that are recommended for the CST kit. All responses are welcome and appreciated

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Your headed in the right direction. Go with the c/o if its in the budget. I have never had a problem with CST when I ran their kit on my Chevy. Dont forget about the rear as well, and maybe a basic cage down the line.