• Forum membership has its advantages....

Whiplash Bastow

MikeLeung

Has anybody else heard any more about the Whiplash Barstow race. The latest rumor I heard is that Whiplash is not going to have the Barstow, but rather have a race at Tecate MX. If that is true, is the Tecate race a combo race with CODE???

Jimmy8

I called Whiplash last Friday. I talked to Jay's daughter and she said that as far as she knows that the race is still on for June 30. I also know someone who called earlier this week and they got the same result as I did. I guess at the Mexico race he said that it was still on also. The only thing I have heard is rumors that the race has been cancelled, from no legitimate source, so as far as I know and Jay's daughter knows, the race is still on. See you there.

RacnCPA

Hey Mike I got word from Whiplash that the Barstow race IS ON! Just heard this yesterday. I hope it's on, we need to get those AZ Boyz (and girlz) out here in SoCal. I'm working on the article for the Rock2Rock race held two weeks ago so I've had reason to keep in contact with Whip and I believe the Barstow race is a GO as Sabrina told you!

Sc

RacnCPA

MIKE just got word from Dan @ Whiplash within the hour the Barstow race is a gonner. He stated the next race would be Snowflake on Labor Day. You may want to contact them for more info. Just trying to keep you up to date. Later. Sheryl

Sc

Eric

I also heard from Whiplash that the race in Barstow is canceled. Hot temperatures, dust/wind and low driver turn out are the reasons they gave me.

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing

Waldo

Safehouse
Wish some of the SCORE and MDR racers would express in an intrest to race the Barstow race. I sure miss the race out there. The sound of TT's thundering through dust and haulin' ass down to Slash X is just incredible. Boo-Hoo!

I Fell More Like I Do Know Then I Did A Little Bit Ago!

Jimmy8

I just got off of the phone with whiplash. They said the race has officially been cancelled, and they are working on putting together a race for the beginning of August. I think I will be at the SNORE midnight race running for some money at that time.