• Forum membership has its advantages....

Whiplash Mexico

Jimmy8

Well, I am off tommarrow to the Whiplash Mexico race. I am not much of a whiplash guy, but some buddies of mine invited me out to help them with their buggy. How could I turn down a trip to Rocky Point? Well, I hope their is a turnout of class 8's. Anyone know? Well, hope to see you guys down there. Later.

pjc

Chairman
Get down there early and head to Manny's Beach Club. At the last Rock to Rock, they through a great party for the racers on Thursday night. The best Carne Asada I have ever had. I'd be there but, it's my sons B-day and my wife has a big deal planned for him.

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

TimHayosh

We're heading down this morning (yes, I'm still awake). The party will be at J.J.'s starting at 6:00pm. (That's a Whiplash 6:00, so don't expect anything till 7:30!). They will have some free chow and the drawing for the starting order. Anyone know if Ragland will be there?

Junior

Does anyone know the official start time for the race? No info on the Whip website.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Jimmy8

I think it starts at 5:00 on saturday night.

MikeLeung

Yeah the staring time is 5 pm saturday...But this is Whiplash so the first car will leave at around 6pm

Jimmy8

I just got back from the Whiplash Mexico race. I think there was only 30 entries. 10 of them were class 8. Jesse Jones won class 8 and got the overall. Steve Melton got 2nd overall and won class 10. I dont know any other results for sure but I believe Tim hayosh won class 9. Maybe someone else knows more.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
How about the 5/1600's. How many showed up? anyone have results for them?

Jimmy8

Actually I was at the race helping a class 5-1600 car. There were 3 entries. Don Johnson got first place. Justin Brinkerhoff got second, but did not finish. Samantha Sanders got third and did not finish.

RacnCPA

Tim, send me your race facts for the article. I thought I saw you finish while I was interviewing some other drivers. Quite different than the Cinco de Mayo race, but Rocky Point is fun no matter what!! Thanks.

Sc

TimHayosh

Si senorita! I pretty much told it all <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=class9&Number=3941&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&part=>here!</A> Thanks for making the trip all the way down there! Sorry the turnout was so minimal.

Cheers, 951