Whiplash Race

Jimmy8

Reaction
Isnt there a Whiplash race this weekend? The sonoyta to Rocky point? Anyone know about it or anyone know who is going? I havent heard anything about it.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

MikeLeung

Reaction
Yeah the Whiplash Point to Point is this weekend. There should be a real good turn out. I know a lot 1600 cars will be there and a bunch of the Class 8 trucks.

michael

Reaction
It's an awesome race! Finish down on the beach....lots of cold beer and shrimpies!!

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

Jimmy8

Reaction
Anybody have any results? Particularly Class 8, and how many entered?

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

TimHayosh

Reaction
Class 8 was Mark(?) Porter in 1st followed shortly by Robbie Fallers in the ex-Collins truck.
I can't remember much else (See the previous post about the Tecate and shrimp!)

MikeLeung

Reaction
Herder blew the motor on the Truggyat mile 68, but he plans to be at Parker.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I've never been to a Whiplash race and I was wondering where they took place? Sounds like Mexico from the Tecate/Shrimp comment. Thanks!

MikeLeung

Reaction
Whiplash has races at Parker, Laughlin (with SNORE), Gila Bend, Snowflake, Holbrook and Rocky Point Mexico

Tim

Reaction
This one was in mexico, as well as the rock to rock one. It only took me 3 or so hours to get there from Tucson, getting stopped and searched for drugs only 3 times!! (its also a big drug route I guess).
most of the other races are in zona. Check out www.Whiplashracing.com , Tim

poolman

Reaction
Mike was that you that was stuck out there with the broken ring and pinion?That was me.

poolman

Tim

Reaction
Hey poolman, I thought that I would recognize your tacoma, but I didn't see it down there. I was driving the silver one. (I was the one that almost bought your front bumper a while back), Tim

P.S. I talked to Mike and he said he did break his ring and pinion and was out there till ten!

MikeLeung

Reaction
Hey Poolman
Which one was you??? Where you the guys with the ten car with a broken front shock spring??

poolman

Reaction
I had the wifes Expedtion

poolman

poolman

Reaction
I was the one looking for a beer and a cigarette.I walked another mile down and found the piece for the shock.I turn around and start back and a buggy is coming down the road and stops.HE HAS 4 SEATS!!!!
You don't see that at a SCORE race too often.I didn't put the names together when we were talking.I 'll make sure and find you in Parker.Thanks again for the water and all!

poolman

MikeLeung

Reaction
Hey Poolman
It was very nice to finally meet you. Hey were you guys able to finish the race. Steve (my co-rider) told me how they fixed it...pretty smart idea!!

Mike

poolman

Reaction
Yeah we finished! it took us 7 hours to do it but we made it.

poolman