• Forum membership has its advantages....

Whiplash Rumor

MikeLeung

Well the new rumor with Whiplash is, starting at Snowflake, all limited cars will be teched. Tech will involve engine, carb and weight. I also heard the if you car is in violation of the SCORE rule book your car will be DQ. Whiplash is suppose to make the annoucement in the next Southwest Offroad News.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Another Rumor is that starting at Snowflake the entry for all pro class's will be $400. I guess Whiplash want's to make up for Mexico! I'm glad that limited cars will be teched. It's about time.

Jimmy8

Is this going to include class 8, because in essence they are a limited vehicle. If they include class 8 in this ruling, there will be no class 8's left in whiplash, but a hell of a lot of TT's!

MikeLeung

No Class 8's from what i heard, not even Class 10. Just 1/2-1600, 5-1600, and 9. I think this is a long time coming, I'm personally sick of Jay telling people just to cheat more if they suspect someone of cheating.

Hey Jeff, I heard that the entry fee at Snowflake is gonna be $450. And I'm sure there gonna charge a gate fee again.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Well it's not a rumor, Whiplash has raised there entry fee's due to High Insurance (which I was told in the past that Whiplash has no insurance for the racers) and to raised land use fee's ( How much of a land use fee is there in Mexico?) It seems to me that Whiplash is going just like A.D.R.A. went, Down! Oh well, off to SNORE I go where they have year end Money instead of a Trophy with a light bulb on it!

TimHayosh

See ya up there Jeff! Bye bye Whip. Although I must say I am working hard to get the matching lamp!

Jimmy8

With Whiplash enforcing these rules there are going to be a lot of cars without a place to run, because I know a lot of guys that are not legal for anything but Whiplash, and their desert racing careers may now change somewhat. I know a lot of the 5-1600's will now have to run either sportsman buggy or 5 unlimited, but personally I think its great that Jay is finally going to enforce some rules, and get away from his slogan "if it looks like it belongs in that class, then it does."