white smoak

dcman008

Reaction
i got a "rebuilt" 20 for my toyota offraod only... and it blowing white smoak like crazy. if i let it run for about 2min my whole back yard is filled with smoak. ive checked the oil no water in it, water level in the radiator has not changed i also changed the exhaust thinking that there may be some thing in there. it also is giving off a windex kind of smell. what could it be, tomaro if i get time i will get some video of it to see if that might helps.

"on a scale of one to ten...i think im at least a bagillion!"
live long 91 cors-a-truck

fnkrngr

Reaction
Let it run a little longer it may just be break in lube that someone used too much of.

You dont know the looks i get with this truck on the east coast.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
how long did it run? and it did not get hot. after i blew mine, and then fixed it, it blew white for a week, to get all the water out of the cat and muffler.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya when we put the new motor in the General it smoked like hell for about 2 days when we first ran it...

Go Big Or Go Home

Reaction
Break-in lube..

but just keep an eye on that motor, my friend with a 65 ford recently found a freeze plug in backwards in his new 460. Motor also had one 460 head on it and one 429 head on it.. didn't run too well if i remember. People make mistakes.

Russ

Russ
www.rit.edu/baja
98 ranger 4x4 ext cab
71 cj5

tedmales

Reaction
is it smoke or steam, does it hang, or quickly dissapear. i have never had a toyota motor to break in but every small and big block chevy i have built never smoked anything like you described. is it an automatic. had a car come in one time with a vaccum line hooked up wrong and the engine was sucking transmission fluid out of the transmission.

life is too short to be small

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Did you put a new header on it? When I put headers on my truck the insides were caked with grease and the thing smoked like a banshee for 3 days or so.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>