• Forum membership has its advantages....

WHO ARE YOU???

Umm Hi I am Austin from Vista, CA. I'm 18 and I have a truck, its a Toyota and its got big tires and some weird coil things on the front and I also lost my bed :) I like dirt, chicks, and more dirt. I like the desert and driving my truck :)

There we go, time to go bye bye :)

Go Big Or Go Home

sirhk100

Hi Jen, Hi Austin, I'm Khris and I'm alcohol ummm oops, wrong forum. I've got a lifted disco Explorer that I completely knocked the alignment out of on my Halloween dezert trip trying to drive WAY too fast with too many people in it. I'm hopefully buying some Donahoe radius arms tomorrow evening and getting it aligned next week so I can knock it out again. Then later I'm going to get the front beams reworked and sitting back on stock brackets with those funny coil thingies that Austin talked about. I'm currently a facilities engineer but have recently begun aggressively trying to get my foot in the door at a fab/design shop. Oh, I've got a POS Honda Civic with 230K miles that I can't blow up!!! I've got pictures of it a foot in the air though and it still drives straight unlike my Exploder, maybe I'm building the wrong vehicle for the dirt. I ride dirt bike almost every weekend and I used to ride BMX street and dirt jump before I blew my knee up a 2nd time recently. Ummmm, I'm 6'2", 215lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes. I go to clubs and bars on the weekends when I'm not at the dezert. I like the beach and the pretty pretty girls. My dog's name is Jessie, she's a Black Lab. I don't have a girl friend right now but I've been seeing this chick kinda for the past couple weeks so we'll see where that goes. I'll be at the Malibu Dan's preparty/dinner and drinks thing tomorrow so say hello. Ummmm, is that enough Jen? Oh yeah, and I live in Ramona (San Diego county)

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

TRDshaunTRD

Me nombre es Shaun. I am 22 years old, have a 98 tacoma 4x, and live in Redondo Beach, CA. I am Inland Prerunner member #10. Any time I can get away, I'm off to the desert with my wife Michelle. I help out Greg and Jen from Prerunners.com anytime I can at offroading events. You will see me racing in the stock class at the Sandblast in December, or photographing this weekend in Lake Havasu for the short course race. Well, I think that covers it.

DougM

Im Doug From Poway(N. San Diego)-Im 30, have a 14 mo daughter, a bee-you -tee- ful wife , and a miniature schnauzer dog ..I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x and a Ford Explorer 2WD. Im also broker then a homeless guy and cant sell any of my cars in this economy! Wanna buy one?
I've been into off road racing since I was born (thanks dad). I used to race a Roll Honda 250r Fourtrax, in Dist. 38(BM=before marriage) and try to get to as many local FUD races as possible and SCORE races when the time is available..Im a graphic artist (Machead) by trade.
keep moving along..nothing to see here

PLS

I'm Pete from Alpine & 39 yrs.old. I race a 5-1600 when we can, and help our friends when we can't. We'll be working FAIR pit B this weekend. I work in the performing Arts biz, so it is hard to get enough week-ends off. I can usually be spotted at the races in a lifted Jeep Cherokee with a big cow-catcher bumper on the front, a purple and yellow 5-1600, or a large Coronado motorhome with the Coors and Beer mug flags flying.

Pete- BOYD RACING

Hello new people (and everyone else) , Im victor fabian. I do some of the video, wait scratch that, all of the video for www.stuck-throttle.com</A> . I try to make it to every single desert race to shoot good video but it gets very difficult when you have such a small budget. Im also trying to put a race team together to race the 2 wheel 250 pro class in FUD-land but once again the budget thing. I'll also finally be driving my first race, after being co-pilot for a like a whole 3 years, this december...and i think thats it.
Oh yeah, im 22 yrs old and a full time photography/film major in south san diego

victor fabian
www.stuck-throttle.com</A>

Mike_McCluskey

I am me! At last check I was 33, married with 2 kids therefore I don't race. I live in Norco, Cal and enjoy being a Pro Spectator and part time chaser. Got a couple of dogs(rotty and a mutt), way too many cats(wifeys) and a house payment that won't quit. I 'm in the office equipment repair and document management business(scanning, microfilm, laser printers, etc..). Someday I will race!! (hopefully in one of Kregs new DIRT trucks)
Thats it! I'm boring!! What can I say...

dave

HI ALL MY NAME IS DAVE , I LIVE IN GOOD OLD SAN MARCOS, CA WITH MY LOVELY WIFE CHAILI I'M 29 AND WILL BE HAVING MY FIRST CHILD DUE IN MARCH :). I 'VE BEEN GOING TO THE DESERT FOR MANY, MANY YEARS .
I JUST GOT BACK ON A BIRT BIKE AGAIN AFTER TAKING A FEW YEARS OFF , I RACE A 2001KX 250 @ D-38 AND CARLSBAD RACE WAY NOW AND THEN. I MAKE OFF ROAD MODELS FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS THEM . I LOVE BEER AND OFF ROAD RACING.
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL @ DAVE & BUSTERS
THATS FUNNY MY DOGS NAME IS BUSTER AND HE TURNS 3 ON FRIDAY.

NO BETTER GROUP OF PEOPLE THEN OFF ROAD PEOPLE.

Attachments

Hi...I'm Waldo...MWM...30y/o...3m/o daughter (our first)...blonde bomshell wifey...F-150 2WD w/Camburg A-arms & Bilstein's...I like long walks in the hot/cold dusty dez...I collect dust since I can't leave anyone in it!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

singlehanded

Im John 23 years old,from placentia. Ive got a half built ranger with coilovers in front all done at baja shop. Im taking welding classes at fullerton college(tig this semester) and learning to fab and mig weld at home. I snowboard surf and like to go to the races whenever possible. Learnig more from reading not posting. Would like to work at a race shop in the future.

local

Rory

Crayola Killer
I'm Rory, I've got a 1999 Ford F-250 with stock cookie cutter Firestones (one that exploded on the way back from Baja at 80MPH), kinda has the LUND look, all that ugly stuff, but soon to be outfitted with some real tires...BFG's of course. I'm 31, have 2 kids, Lindsey who's almost 16 and Hanna who turned 8 months today, married to my wife Tracy. I'm a full time Fireman/Paramedic in Bullhead city, and have a side buisness called "Racers Only motorsport designs" where we provide custom racing artwork for t-shirt designs. We also set up a booth at Tech at every SCORE event (and anything else we can hit)and sell our clothing, and I also chase for Collins motorsports at the Mexico races. I've co-rode in a 5-1600 to a class 5 unlimited. My first and only race that I drove was the 2000 SNORE AVI 250 where we placed 1st in class 5 (so we were the only entry, big deal, a win is a win). Right now we are in the final stages of building a 4 seat prerunner with 20" of travel at all 4 corners, King shocks, Toyota motor, and all the good stuff. Hopefully it will be complete by the Laughlin race or in the worst case, San Felipe 250. Thats about it, great idea Jen, nice way to get a feel for who's out there.

Racers Only

DPpatrol

I'm Jason, 17, from Carlsbad, CA. Just got a 90 toy that i'm putting a turbo 22r in. Been 6 months since i rolled my truck last and can't wait to get this one running and out to the dezert. Looking to get into fabrication and will learn it by building my truck myself, cage, suspension, etc. we'll see how it turns out. Next year goin off to college to do some engineering and after that hopefully make a good living building off-road race trucks and race cars. My hero's Adrian Newey, the greatest race engineer of my lifetime.

jason

Ryno

Okay-I'm Ryno, I think the only Chevy guy on the board. I have a 94 Z71, looking to rid my truck of stock front end equipment in the near future. I have a CR250, I ride in Ocotillo, Glamis, Superstition. I have a girlfriend, and a 10 week old Rottie. I live in San Bernaghetto, but from San Diego. Just getting into the racing part, but I've been a desert guy since I moved out here when I was 14. I'm a carpenter by trade, I build large custom homes in Rancho Santa Margarita, and Newport/ Corona Del Mar. If you need stuff built, ask me =) My fav racers are Collins and Ragland (CHEVY POWER!!). Tt...ttt..tt..tthat's all folks.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

I am John BItting 28, I just found this page this morning, pretty cool.. I have been with RDC since the beginning and help handle all skunkworkz, banners, moderate the guestbook, keeper of t-shirts and stickers, and work with outside vendors to help the page out.. Basically RDC's Public Relations Rep.. I am married and have 2 daughters, I am in the process of building a 96 bronco to take to the races for prerunning and finding good spots to shoot pics and video from. I attend all MDR races and most Score races...

BIG_FAT_LOSER

I am Pat Kapko, Desert racer (Bikes) for over 25 years. Own an always broken disco 84" toyota. Have three children Matt 11, Codi 9, and taylor 7, and a loveley wife, Caralee.
Inland Prerunner member, MDR voulenteer.
Love any fossil fuel burning activity.

I usually forget to log off so I appear to be on all the time.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
"DISCO FEVER"

Who is Race-Dezert..

CORE....Founder Klaus Rasch, very involved day to day with backend(behind scenes).. Founder Paul K. has taken a backseat while he gets his own business going..John Bitting handles the more visible parts of RDC.

RDC Crew... Curtis Guise, graphic designer, sticker man. Gabe Lara, shoots video at all races. Jeff Archambeau (dezdude) Covers all mdr races for photos...

Helpers.. We have had many people contribute pics to the site over the last few years and to this we are very thankful. IP Crew IP meetings and MDR, SCORE, Jason LaFortune MDR, Dave Baldwin (modelman) will cover all FUD races next year.. and I am sure countless other people I am forgetting..

Thank you to all of the readers for making Race-Dezert what it is today..

Volcom1095

Hi im Eric im 20 and love racing i have an old beat up 85 toyota that i cant even stand to look at but cant seem to get enough money to get a ranger. I love the desert my uncle and i raced class 10 for the past 2 seasons at MDR got second in points for 2000 and cant finish this season i got the chance to drive for the first timeafter co/driving at the last night race of MDR and can't wait to get my own. I love working on cars and chasing and pitting I would love to help out anyones team for free i can chase change tires get water what ever it takes to stay involved.
i also work at KARTEK rebuilding shocks.

Chris

I'm chris, I live in San Clemente. I'm twenty three. I am a jr. accountant for a national mortgage lender so if you need help payin for that house that Ryno is gonna build for you talk to me. I drive a 98 four wheel drive ranger. We just got a class eight that we are tryin' to get ready for the MDR race in Feb. If it's in the desert I love it. Every wednesday night my brother and I load up the bikes and head out to the elsinor MX track to burn off a little stress. Favorite movie: RAD , Favorite food: black angus pepper steak Favorite TT: Jeffries Ford Favorite website: this one.

Jimmy8

I am Jim Beaver. I am from parker, Arizona. My dad is Dan Beaver who has raced class 8 for 28 years, mainly in SCORE and HDRA when it was around. I am 21 and have been around off road racing since I could crawl. I race our 96 F-150 in class 8, and will be doing most of the BITD and SCORE series next year. I have raced our pre runner in SNORE and Whiplash this year. My father and I are building a single seat Trophy Truck for me right now that is due to be finished sometime in the 2003 season. I am also a full time college student in my 3rd year studying business. Great idea Jen.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"