Who bought up the rooms?

Mechlectic

So I rec'd the good news. NORRA rescheduled to last week of April, 2021. Who bought up the hotels? I need to contact them to buy some rooms. Any help would be appreciated.

CHINOLAS

Please try our Hotel List and see if you can find your hotels directly, if you buy from a Hotel Reseller you are just supporting a company that takes advantage of our race teams by selling rooms at sometimes double the hotel rate, blocking entire towns to force teams to buy a full package instead of just one or two locations they really need.

Here is a link to our Hotel List: NORRA: National Off-Road Racing Association, Home of the Mexican 1000 Rally

Eliseo E. Garcia
NORRA Race Director

BajaboundMoto

I will try Baja %#@&+!. Thanks
Here we go again ! Do a search on the subject of BV/JC and you'll see.

Had you already made plans for Mex1000 2020 ?
Did you already have rooms reserved for '20? (not counting Bay of LA, that's NORRAs deal)
Are there specific towns you need rooms at?

from what I heard, all the room reservation from this year, where transferred to next year.
I wouldn't leave it up to the hotel to be responsible.
We would all assume that hotels will honor '20 reservations for the new '21 date.
But of course we're all nervous about BV swooping in and stealing our reservations by making additional reservations before those of us that did our own reservations can contact hotels to make the changes.
Let's hope that doesn't happen...

@CHINOLAS , that's an amazing list ! Nice work!

Last edited:

Aflac

I'm having a hard time getting a hold of the hotel in San Felipe and have had email contact with La Paz. Loreto was sold out the night that the dates were released, I ended up booking a house via VBRO.

dan200

#BSF200
Here we go again ! Do a search on the subject of BV/JC and you'll see.
We were staying at the Cortez in Ensenada and had been for several days. We head out to get some food one afternoon and our parking spot is roped off and now the property of Baja Voyager. Weird part was our truck was still in the spot. This became a bit of a headache. I'm suspicious the parking lot guards were paid off actually.

I don't know the guy but I strongly feel he sucks.

FWIW we use hotels.com because of their guarantee. Things get messed up and they have always resolved our issues pretty quickly.

Aflac

I don't know the guy but I strongly feel he sucks.

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Two years ago on the flight home a lady said she felt held hostage and very ripped off by BV.
My rooms in SF were paid in full and communication was great until last week. I hope we don't lose out.

BajaboundMoto

I completely agree. Two years ago on the flight home a lady said she felt held hostage and very ripped off by BV.
My rooms in SF were paid in full and communication was great until last week. I hope we don't lose out.
@Aflac - check the PM i sent you. Yes it can be a challenge, our local help down there can help.

dhjeepgeek

I don't know if you have tried this, but it worked for us a couple time. Have a Mexican friend call the hotels. I called, they had nothing. He called and magically they had rooms. Like they have a separate list for grigos.