Who can embroider a fire suit for me?

4130Clothing

Reaction
I have a team member that needs a fair amount of logos embroidered onto an Alpinestar fire suit. My normal embroidery business says they can't embroider certain parrts of the suit since they can't hoop it properly.

I've embroidered shirts and hats and other smaller items before but never a full race suit. So if someone has an embroiderer they can recommend that is capable of embroidering logos on the shoulders, upper arms, back, front stomach area, and chest area that woudl really help out a lot.

If they don't have the Nomex thread in stock I can easily aquire the proper colors for each logo so don't worry about that.

Thanks!

danzar

Reaction
contact Dan @ Hostyle, he does a lot of top teams. 559-289-0065

BGRANT

Reaction
I have a team member that needs a fair amount of logos embroidered onto an Alpinestar fire suit. My normal embroidery business says they can't embroider certain parrts of the suit since they can't hoop it properly.

I've embroidered shirts and hats and other smaller items before but never a full race suit. So if someone has an embroiderer they can recommend that is capable of embroidering logos on the shoulders, upper arms, back, front stomach area, and chest area that woudl really help out a lot.

If they don't have the Nomex thread in stock I can easily aquire the proper colors for each logo so don't worry about that.

Thanks!

Try Judy's Embroidery in Escondido. She used to be down on Grand Ave. area where the have the cruise nights.

Tipracer

Reaction
This brings up a great question...when embroidering…if the stitching passes thru all layers of materials (the most common type of embroidering) how much fire protection is lost? I was under the impression that the embroidery should only be on the outermost layer of fabric(on multilayer suits)…this was the reason given to me for the outrageously expensive cost of having alpinestar/momo/sparco embroider for you…

ikikazz73

Reaction
Logo Masters 702-427-5070, there a new sponsor i picked up. tell them Mike sent ya and he should hook you up pretty well. His name is David Larson ALSO a ex snore 5/16 racer himself. Their website is www.HandLpromotions.com they can put you logo on anything, from a wine bottle to a button.

4130Clothing

Reaction
If Nomex thread is used to embroider the logo it should all stay fire proof I'd assume. I will find out more as the process progresses.

Tipracer

Reaction
The issues are related to the air gap beween the layers(so i was told) take the air gap away and the fire retardability(or retardancy...look it up its a word j/k) diminishes....Who embroiders the suits for the nascar teams? The suit manufacturers ?Robby,Andy.....anybody??

TCRAFT

Reaction
This brings up a great question...when embroidering…if the stitching passes thru all layers of materials (the most common type of embroidering) how much fire protection is lost? I was under the impression that the embroidery should only be on the outermost layer of fabric(on multilayer suits)…this was the reason given to me for the outrageously expensive cost of having alpinestar/momo/sparco embroider for you…

Some guys use the companies that embroider Fire Department turn outs. Get with some of the fire guys and ask them they actually have fire resistant thread. ANY FIRE GUYS?

Danny Ebberts

Reaction
We at ZLT do a heat transfer on suits. It does not penetrate the material so there is no loss of safety. It has a really good vibrant look and is alot cheaper then embroidery. We can do fades and whatever and wherever you want without the cost of tapes/digitizing. Look at zltmxid.com. I don't know if there is suits on the website but it is the same thing as what we do on moto x jerseys and crew shirts.

ZLT
(800) 958-7737
Talk to Darren Ebberts

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Dan is the man!
good luck Evan!

MARXICO

Reaction
I have had all my work done by Harold at Parker Pumper (BSR West) with exelent service and turn around
One thing to consider ..only a small percentage of your suit surface will be embroided and if you feal that it has jepordized its integrity you can always wear fire proof underware for one more proctive layer allowing the air to seperate your suit from your skin
Nomex thread ? sounds good, dose it realy exist ? If so could a vendor afford to stock all the colors required just for fire suits...dont think so
If you think about one nascar race their are over 500 embroided suits in one day often changing colors and logo thruout the season ...do you think thoes suits have this exotic nomex thread ?

I would not over think this .. maybe buy some fire proof underware regardless...Harold will fix you up

diirk

Reaction
I'd recommend DJ Safety. They did great work on my wifes suit, with a short turn-around and great pricing.

Tipracer

Reaction
Nomex thread is for real...and those NASCAR team race suits are a FORTUNE and their budgets reflect this cost.
Robby.... have anything to add??