Who did it better??? Trophy truck winner vs class 11 winner at the Baja 1000!

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
This event was so rad. Trophy truck vs class 11 shootout with invited drivers. We won. Dave-co with old Perry Mcneil at the wheel. Beat the rest of the trophy truck drivers in heat 1. 2nd out of all the 11's. We almost won the 2nd heat and the full event but the front end failed. Fixed it and won bap the very next weekend. Wish they would put on an event like this again. It was a ton of fun!!!! Very cool to see Chad Ragland in the video. He is missed for sure. Dude was a true driver in any class.
There talking about when vildosela raced Nora 1000

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
TT all the way. Have you done 100+ over whoops along the Powerlines in San Felipe with thousands standing in the race line only to have them move one second before you pass them?

It’s a disaster waiting to happen and you are hoping you keep it straight.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Class 11 no doubt !!! Thet do not have all the chase teams, helicopters, fancy rigs ect . There doing it desert style like it used to be years ago as it was meant to be. Make a tt race like that and see who the real drivers are! Tt class is out of control with what it takes to win a baja.

T.martin

RDC Crypto
What's it cost, on average, for a Class 11 peninsula run? Not including race vehicle and prep. How many chase crews does the average team use?

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
What's it cost, on average, for a Class 11 peninsula run? Not including race vehicle and prep. How many chase crews does the average team use?
If you pit with a club like the best one out there. Checkers and/or use BFG for pits, I think you could do it with 2 chase vehicles, leap frogging the access points and swapping drivers and riders as you go. Cheap motels, not a huge vacation at the other end, maybe $15k. That would be for any limited class car with tires 35"s or smaller. If one of the chasers was a motorhome, you could knock some change off that. Barest bone, sleeping on the trailer, tacos and breakfast burritos, only a couple nights in hotels before and after the race, $10-12k.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
TT all the way. Have you done 100+ over whoops along the Powerlines in San Felipe with thousands standing in the race line only to have them move one second before you pass them?

It’s a disaster waiting to happen and you are hoping you keep it straight.
100+ is rare there lol Man I miss Ramsey!!!

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
100+ is rare there lol Man I miss Ramsey!!!
Remember that was 13 years ago. A lot has changed. Most are right around 100.

This is about “who did it better”. I think the TT drivers have to be more focused because of the speed they are traveling at. More stress, more chances to make a mistake because of the speed. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

43mod

RDC Crypto
All competitive drivers are at their limit / vehicle limit all the time . That does not mean full throttle btw . Ty guys only do it for a few hours .

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
The powerline holes are double the depth they were in that video, If I recall, SCORE wont run on the powerline road any longer, hugs the mountain
I know one truck team that is taking a CL11 to the Mint and not racing their truck

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
The powerline holes are double the depth they were in that video, If I recall, SCORE wont run on the powerline road any longer, hugs the mountain
I know one truck team that is taking a CL11 to the Mint and not racing their truck
Spill the beans. Who?

GHARACING

RDC Crypto
The 11???
Or the trophy truck???

Thank for the Love!!!

Although we ended up 3rd place, We won the war and took home the Class 11 Championship! We had 2.5 hours of downtime and MM200 and still came back to take the lead around MM800.. battled it out until the end, Had some electrical issues which put us down another 25 min. The team that won ran a clean race and I am extremely happy they won, Hector has been chasing a Baja 1000 win for 30+ Years, they are a class act. That particular clip was Through a BFG pit and Tim Sletten was at the wheel.

Class 11 is no joke! especially running in Baja- I am ecstatic on 2 dominate class wins and a Baja 1000 podium. Congrats to all the teams that participated and ended up cross the line.

see everyone at the SF250....

Alex Gonzales-

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
Thank for the Love!!!

Although we ended up 3rd place, We won the war and took home the Class 11 Championship! We had 2.5 hours of downtime and MM200 and still came back to take the lead around MM800.. battled it out until the end, Had some electrical issues which put us down another 25 min. The team that won ran a clean race and I am extremely happy they won, Hector has been chasing a Baja 1000 win for 30+ Years, they are a class act. That particular clip was Through a BFG pit and Tim Sletten was at the wheel.

Class 11 is no joke! especially running in Baja- I am ecstatic on 2 dominate class wins and a Baja 1000 podium. Congrats to all the teams that participated and ended up cross the line.

see everyone at the SF250....

Alex Gonzales-
Hector Sarabia and Indio Gutierrez who won I raced against 40 years ago in class 11. Indio is a many time winner of the Baja 1000 and Baja 500 with his brother Sergio El Coyote. Forsure no rookies and no spring chickens lol. The old guard in Baja class 11 racing.. I was pulling for 1196 but find it really cool 2 old guys lol did well

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
I just saw this add for a class one car that can cross dress as a trophy truck at the bottom of the page. It made me laugh. That’s my point with tt’s. There transgender cars! There’s no truck in there. And if you point to the rear end being a ‘live axle’ is the truck part, remember a Crown Vic, and Camaro and Mustang have the same rear axle concept.
FC267A31-1E74-42AE-AD61-DC70D1FFC226.png

Hahahahah.