Who has a ford 9" in their chevy???

COChev

Who has a ford 9\" in their chevy???

i'm thinking of doing this swap into my 86 pickup. what year fords should i look for in order to get the same track width? what size u-joint does the 9" use and is there a conversion u-joint available to mate to a chevy driveline? also would it be easier/cheeper to get 6 lug axles to match my front or to get spindles and rotors off a 1/2 ton ford d44 and put em on my chevy d44? thanks,

jason

ntsqd

Re: Who has a ford 9\" in their chevy???

Track width: Take a tape to the JY's and start measuring. Don't ignore the full size cars.

Bolt pattern: $200 gets you stock alloy axles from Moser that you can have made with any bolt pattern you want.

Pinion yoke: What UJ do you want it to have ? It's only money.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire

What do you know, another Chevy guy looking to make their ride better with FORD parts!!

You know I couldn't resist!! :)

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

slimjim

you might find some usefull information at one of these sites:

http://dfwmotorsport.com/Fairlane/9inchrearends.htm

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/finfo/fordrears.html>http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/finfo/fordrears.html</A>

good luck.

put on your seatbelt...

Ryno

Ford is a four letter word. It also stands for....

F***ed on race day

Fix or repair daily

I can go on....PS...does Ford still use the same small block? How many cars does Ford have that have the heritage of the corvette? When Ford can make the Mustang compete with a similar priced camaro, let me know...until then...have fun eating the dust.

Ryno

PS-Jr....care to put some $$$ where that mouth of yours is?? =)

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire

Thats a cute little post Ryno, geez, I never heard any of those before. Its sad that you must rely on one car to claim heritage status, us Ford guys just point to our logo and say if it wasn't for us, you would still be assembling your cars by hand. Might do you some good though as then they might actually work! :)

I would hate to take your money because then what would you have to fix you Chevy with when it breaks? ;-)

P.S. How many Chevy trucks have won races this year?

FordFreak

Wait, how much is a '04 Camaro again? Oh yeah right, silly me, they stopped producing them cuz the mustang was outselling what like 4 to 1

Adam
Wonder what my view would look like 5 feet in the air?

COChev

ok, you thread hijackers!!!

now, does anyone here actually have a 9" in there cheby that can give me some first hand info???

John Bitting

Administrator

Head to another site if you want to have these Chevy vs Ford Battles. You guys know how we at RDC feel about them.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Re: Who has a ford 9" in their chevy???

Sorry John and all, once again its my fault, I apologize. Please continue on.

hoeker

any late 70's and up ford truck rear should be fine. most likely the track width will be wider, but other than making that chevy turn worse than it already does, who cares? the 9 inch has almost all u joint styles available stock if you feal like combing junk yards, else buy new and and you can get either the 1310, or 1350. most likely your drive shaft will need to be altered, so then you can just have them change the end to match the 9", which will most likely be the 1350 if you get a truck hsg. probly easiest to geet custom 6 bolt axles for the 9", unless you'd rather go ford bolts, really just preferance.

well done John, it's really nice not to have to weed through ford v chevy, s10 v toy, fox v SAW battles on here. just like the war, we all have opinions, but when it comes to these things our arguments are usually just stupid preferances.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

bROk

If your anywhere near Long Beach I can get you a guys # that has like 30 9"s in his garage - hes got pretty good prices... just hit me up at bcfrench25@yahoo.com and Ill see if I can find his number, hes actually got ALL KINDS of crap in his garage. Intakes, Carbs, break stuff, heads etc... all race stuff... let me know -

A smart-ass is better than a dumb-ass