Reaction
Dixon Bros. bumper...

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 1,195

Forty1Racing

Reaction
^ Chase racks are nice, just seem kinda pricey. But, then again what isn't that way in this sport?

Chase 2

Reaction
No picks, but RJ's chase trucks are the bomb! Super tire rack with a great way to hold different sized wheels. Super slick box for a transmission with slide racks.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Any good 3/4 to 1 ton p/u ext or crew cab w/utility body, mild suspension and shocks, good tires, lighting, window tint and strong a/c. This are just a few things that come to mind.

JPBart

Reaction
This is mine. Collecting dust since I don't chase like I used to.

Attachments

• johns camera 062.jpg
    johns camera 062.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 1,142
  • johns camera 063.jpg
    johns camera 063.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • johns camera 071.jpg
    johns camera 071.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 1,085

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Can you still buy an f250 with a factory service or utility bed?

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
wait a minute i help out Damen and ive never seen this truck out there:eek:

trust me he has....probably not for a while since he said it was collecting dust

JPBart

Reaction
wait a minute i help out Damen and ive never seen this truck out there:eek:

'Used to' being the key words. I doubt any of their stuff has HMS stickers on it anymore either, but pretty much been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Now I do volunteer search and rescue with Rescue 3 at District 37 races. That's why the tower and rack are just collecting dust.

Back on topic, I am pretty proud of the chase rack/tower setup I came up with. 25 years of chasing/racing and lots of different racks and beds later I finally found a setup that I wouldn't change if I was doing it over again.

The fuel tower part of the rack holds 2, 55 gal drums and is removable. I have another setup that goes in the middle that holds a Craftsman skid jack, a 20lb extinguisher, a 4' parts box and 2 dump cans instead of the tower. The 20 lb extinguisher always goes, but it has an actual mount in this setup. In the tower setup it gets placed next to the tailgate or wherever you can wedge it in depending on how much stuff you are trying to squeeze in.

The outer part of the rack stays in and holds 2, 37" BFG's, a CO2 bottle, a remote radio head for a PCI Kenwood, the flag pole/antenna mast and a couple of Hella work lights on telescoping poles. There is a rail around the front so you can secure things on top of the transfer flow tank that also supports the antenna mast when its up. Oh, and the brackets that hold the tower when it's folded down for travel.

The antenna is a 2 meter Shakespere fiberglass antenna with a boat mount adapted to the telescoping flag pole. It rides folded on top of the mast, when you are setting it up you simply rotate it 180 degrees and then stand up the flag pole. It goes up very quick and easy and takes up virtually no space but it is not as good as a Ringo. It's a trade off for time/space. If I am setting up a stationary pit I have a different adapter and bring the Ringo but for chasing a race like V2R or B1k where you need to hurry to keep up with a TT I prefer the fiberglass.

I had plans to add a permanent transfer pump to fill the tower instead of having to setup the portable one each time but other than that, the best setup I ever used. You can literally setup a solo fuel stop with 100 gallons in the tower in about 10 minutes.

Here's a few more pics. I set all this up, alone, in about 5 minutes. Filling the tower depends entirely upon how fast you are at setting up your pumps and how cheap the pump is. I guess that could take another 5 to 15 minutes.

Attachments

• johns camera 070a.jpg
    johns camera 070a.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 1,029
  • johns camera 078.jpg
    johns camera 078.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 903
  • johns camera 068.jpg
    johns camera 068.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 1,112