Who has used a Rhino Liner type application?

Hummerkiller

Reaction
Even though Nate and I live in Texas where NO ROAD SALT is used when it may snow or get slick, we still know all to well the dangers of RUST on a JEEP from living in New England, up state New York, Alaska and Germany over the years!

Where most of our Rigs get a heavy dose of weather exposure, dirt, mud and water as well as frequent scratches and dents that tend to rust we decided to use a liner application.

We had one of our Jeeps Rhino lined last year but it was very costly to say the least.

So we purchased several different cans of the spray on type and tried them out.

They all worked out fantastic no matter brand name we tried.

Wal-Mart has them for cheapest and more choices then any other store we have found the liner sprays at.

Thus far we have used it under the body and frames but we just started using it on the inner tub floors and beds too.

You can paint directly over some of the can liner sprays.

We have not found one rust spot on any of our 12 Jeep and Mutt's we own since the application.

So we wanted to know how many of you guys have used the sprays or gotten Rhino liner applied to your Rigs???

Bleddyn and Nate Cynfyn
Team G-503
Ford Racing
1962 Ford M151 (MUTT) Desert Racer Project
Henrietta, TX

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
Hummerkiller said:
Even though Nate and I live in Texas where NO ROAD SALT is used when it may snow or get slick, we still know all to well the dangers of RUST on a JEEP from living in New England, up state New York, Alaska and Germany over the years!

Where most of our Rigs get a heavy dose of weather exposure, dirt, mud and water as well as frequent scratches and dents that tend to rust we decided to use a liner application.

We had one of our Jeeps Rhino lined last year but it was very costly to say the least.

So we purchased several different cans of the spray on type and tried them out.

They all worked out fantastic no matter brand name we tried.

Wal-Mart has them for cheapest and more choices then any other store we have found the liner sprays at.

Thus far we have used it under the body and frames but we just started using it on the inner tub floors and beds too.

You can paint directly over some of the can liner sprays.

We have not found one rust spot on any of our 12 Jeep and Mutt's we own since the application.

So we wanted to know how many of you guys have used the sprays or gotten Rhino liner applied to your Rigs???

Bleddyn and Nate Cynfyn
Team G-503
Ford Racing
1962 Ford M151 (MUTT) Desert Racer Project
Henrietta, TX
Try pre-preg carbon fiber and vacuum bag the whole Mutt. That will give you best results.

ErikShallbetter

Reaction
I have line x in the bed of the daily driver. I was thinking about using it on the underside of the floor of the project truck but it is heavy and I didn't want do have to deal with removing it if I need to weld something. It has held up awesome in the back of the truck though.

charlie_brown

Reaction
i just sprayed on some cerramic type coating on the inside of my truck called lizard skin. you can spry this under or in your truck. its lighter, water based, cuts down on heat and noise and if your truck should catch on fire, it is non-toxi unlike linex
they sell it at summit now.