who is desertgoddess

martininsocal

Reaction
who is dessert goddess? i received an email from her(it) and it appeared to be an automated virus. it didn't give a server with the email and i just assumed it was from someone from the racing community. apparently it wasn't. could have been one of the econazis from the wemo meeting, the sierra club chick was really offended by my mere pressense and my employer. so-if you get something from desertgoddess...beware...just to let you know. martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Saw one today from RacerX addressed to editor@off-road.com"]editor@off-road.com[/url]

It came from mindspring.net

If you use Outlook Express, you can check on the validity of the sender. Click once on the message, then go to files, Properties and Details. You should see the entire header of the message.

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

RacnCPA

Reaction
I've been lucky so far, none to me, but I have heard that two other people I know were hit like that too. Be real careful what you open.

Sc

RacerX

Reaction
PJC, I am a different RacerX than who sent you a e-mail, with a virus. I have not sent any e-mails to anybody at all. I am on the pre-runner mailing list and your desert racer mailing list and there is probably a different person using that name. I hope you were not reffering to me but to someone else. I just don't want people thinking I had sent you something.

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Is there any legal action you can take against someone that knowingly sends you a virus. Take Martin for example, He gets an email from someone impersonating a fellow desert friend and if he opens the email and it wipes out his computer and all its data, doesn't that fall into the destruction of personal property category? Maybe something worse?

Paige

Reaction
You know martin - I got an e-mail attached with a virus from Terrie Tavis ( Terrie races VORRA and was class 10 champ in that series), I e-mailed Terrie and she doesn't have my e-mail in her address book and I don't have her in mine - yet it came from her to me and then to a friend of mine she doens't know...so if you and this person somehow were on a mailing list or listed on some e-mail that coulda been it.

There are two new viruses hitting today - everyone update your virus definitions....one is web-based and one is e-mail based.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
I've received several emails with viruses from people in the offroad community and I know they were not intentional. Here's a tip if you don't have a virus scanner that most of you already know but just in case: if you get an email with an EXE attachement DO NOT open it unless you know for sure someone was going to be sending you an application or program. One of the virus-senders' emails kept looking like a bunch of out-of-the-blue race and truck info, almost like info on a sponsorship request. I'm thinking the virus maybe just takes stuff off your computer and sends it to people in your address book. I got a call yesterday morning from Pete Saldana (who doesn't post here...what's up with that Pete??? It's not like you don't have interesting stuff to say!) letting me know he had gotten a virus email from a very prominent fab shop. Sounds like there's a real bug going around our little group of offroad people so do BEWARE! I doubt it's any kind of eco-terrorism...just a chain reaction.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

martininsocal

Reaction
jen-my virus came the day after the wemo meeting...the same meeting i gave myemail to the blm and was given the evil eye and mouth from the sierra club chick aho came over to confirm i was who i was. just a coinkidink?

If your gonna go, go BIG

Jimmy8

Reaction
I think that is one organization that the government could save money on.