• Forum membership has its advantages....

Who is going to be the first?

Freedogger

With all the new cool technology via app's on your phone. Who is going to be the first racer to Periscope from their race vehicle LIVE for everyone to watch?

Periscope is an app for your phone that lets you stream live (as long as you have service) on the web for everyone to see.

I used the app last weekend at the BITD race and my cousin was able to watch at home LIVE what I was filming, and it worked flawless.

When your broadcasting it does take up some serious battery, 15 minutes of broadcasting drained about 25pct of my battery.

So..... who is going to mount their phone in their race car this weekend for RATR so we can watch in car footage live?

Spectator, racer, pit crew..... Post your Periscope link here so people that are not at the race can get enjoy form home.

notime

NTR Films media guy
yup i like Periscope, if i can find a way to hook my phone to the tripop with the camera ill will give a try when im shooting this weekend

y2kbaja

After learning about Periscope from the 1000 coverage I was planning on it. I just need better (unlimited) data coverage.

Jimmy8

HAHA They were doing Periscope and Snap Chat live video in Terracross all season in the women's division with co-drivers. We did some of it in Rally America this year as well.

Jimmy8

Even better... If you have a verified Facebook account you are allowed to stream live video straight to your Facebook feed through the Facebook mentions app.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
HAHA They were doing Periscope and Snap Chat live video in Terracross all season in the women's division with co-drivers. We did some of it in Rally America this year as well.
I snappchatted a lot of our baja 1000 prerunning and driving up to staging at the time trials for henderjean last week

CMA GUMBY

After learning about Periscope from the 1000 coverage I was planning on it. I just need better (unlimited) data coverage.
T mobile is your answer. I can give you my number and we can both save...

Good idea Bryan. I'd do it if I was racing. They can plug phone into 12 volt to keep battery going.