• Forum membership has its advantages....

Who is Jax Redline?

bajaherbie

Great article! I believe Jax also ran some dirt circle track modified races in texas in the past...

ItsYourLegacy

Not big on social media here, so...does anyone here have links to his safety PSAs for young people about his age or younger involved in our sport?
These are absolute gold for parents/mentors bringing our young people up in the sport of off roading. Praying that this is put on the hearts of he and his parents as no successful young racer to date (to my knowledge) has ever been encouraged to become a safety spokesperson before they were too old for these legacy messages to impact their peers.

If there is somebody out there who knows this young man and/or his parents please encourage this concept with any young racer out there suddenly blessed with 'social media' influence.

masleca

Also going to suggest that all future events be run "Poker Run" style.
Must chug a beer at all check points to proceed....car MUST be in "Park" before chugging, as well. 😜

Sorry Jax, your bio is impressive and much respect to your Program. I don't mean to mess up this thread with ItsYourLegacy stuff, I just can't resist :)

ItsYourLegacy

Amen. Let's do so well before we repeat history in yet another offload category with 10X more horsepower and even less empathy for the victims/concept. Our young people are the key when previous generations laugh youth 4-wheel safety away with no national programs or even well established spokespersons/plans in place.

BigBlue&Goldie

Amen. Let's do so well before we repeat history in yet another offload category with 10X more horsepower and even less empathy for the victims/concept. Our young people are the key when previous generations laugh youth 4-wheel safety away with no national programs or even well established spokespersons/plans in place.
I hope a 4 year old backing up a Power Wheels runs you over so we don't have to deal with your nonsense anymore.

MTPyle

I posted this in another forum about young racers. There is a big difference between someone like Jax and just some 16yr old. Jax has worked his way up and learned a lot. I bet he has more seat time than most posting in this thread.

I had a chance to sit and talk to Shane and Jax at the 2018 Baja 1K we were stagged next to each other and spent a few hours. At that point Jax was pretty quiet just like my 15yr old is. Carson was 15 at the time and Jax was 14. Shane is a solid guy and takes safety very serious. He did it right with bringing Jax up thru the sport. So unless you know Shane I would not judge him.

Dont put all long racers in the same stereotype. Kids like Jax and Max Gordon have had amazing mentoring.

My only concern with Jax is the social media will mess with his head. I see a lot of kids get caught up into online images and become a complete douche bags. If Jax can stay grounded he will become an amazing racer. My suggestion to Shane is to get Jax offline and keep him away from other online personalities.

Mike

MTPyle

Typo and it wont let me edit. Meant young racers not Long

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

Jax got 6th today in qualifing. We are up there with some fast guys. We were conservative today and not taking any chances.. I have been navigating for him this year and every race he gets so much better. Before i met him i also thought 15 was to young but i now see he is a safe driver that does not push over his head.. No mechanical issues we will do good for the race this weekend.

Attachments