who is or was the best co-driver of all time

drsnutz

Reaction
ok homies, i'm throwing this out there just to see or hear what everybody thinks, and i would like to hear why you think your co-driver or favorite co-driver was the best. even tho i'm a co-driver my personal fav is and was dino pugeda. for those of you who were blessed to know him i don't have to splain my opinion. i'm just interested in how peeps see the co-drivers.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I'm gonna go with:
Casey Jefferies-Damen jefferies co-rider... awesome guy can do anything and everything in a car... he can drive dam good also...

Greg till- cause u have to be a nutt to ride with robby!!! i guess that makes me pretty nutty cause i'd get in the truck in a heart beat:-D haha

and my co-rider Aarin Moore-always willing to get his hands dirty and keeps me calm and can remember any part of a course, he's my own GPS!!! besides the fact he can lift the whole side of my car in the air so i can change the tire, he is literaly my JACK man... haha hes a beast

gmmvp42

Reaction
Jim Fricker was one of the coolest that's for sure, I don't know how long he was with Rod Hall but I can't think of one without the other.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Turbo Tom

Bizket-cool, calm and collected all the time

cvc motorsports

Reaction
My vote goes to TJ Flores with LVDC. Don't know about best of all time, but certainly one of the very best right now. He has had many class one wins as well as BITD and SCORE championships riding shotgun with BJ Richardson. He can get out and fix anything seeing how he preps the car, he never gets tired and needs to get out, can take over driving duties if needed as he is a hell of a driver himself, and is just plain tuff as nails!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What about Ronnie Gillespie?

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
I gotta go with Casey Jefferies too. He and Damen have won a few championships together and Casey knows their cars/trucks up, down, inside and out...

Although that guy who rides with RG isn't to bad either (lol)...

LukeHuff

Reaction
Ted Willoughby!!! Riding with Jerry sure has to be hard work but funn! Ted co-drove the Chet Huffman Motorsports to the #1 plate! Way to go Ted!

cjcurtis98

Reaction
This discussion has to include Bill Stroppe. Think about riding shotgun with Parnelli in Big Oly in Baja in 1970-4. That pucker factor is off the chart...

Racing Ron

Reaction
There's been many - some already mentioned. I'll add Bob Bower:

Randall's
Robby Gordon
Chuck Johnson
Johnny Johnson

to name a few...

MALABANAN

Reaction
It would definitely be Chuck De Vercelly, 1987 SCORE Class 5/1600 Champions, Coronado Racing, Andy's brother. They ran a windshield in they're VW Baja bug. Chuck would keep Andy's cigarettes lit during the race, they both wore open faced helmets! Now that my friends is classic!

Mumzy

Reaction
I would go with the guy that rode with Ivan Stewart, Dave Ashley and Dan Smith :D:D

My second choice would be Don Tebbe or Russ Wernimont

BajaFand

Reaction
There's been many - some already mentioned. I'll add Bob Bower:

Randall's
Robby Gordon
Chuck Johnson
Johnny Johnson

to name a few...

I have to back that 100%. He also rode with Ivan too when Ivan had a 2 seat vehicle, though I'm not sure when that was, I just remember Bob telling us a story about riding with Ivan.