• Forum membership has its advantages....

who is racing class 8 at the SF250

Kent Kroeker

We will be racing the V-10 Gustav Uber 8 - especially if Noah Ostanik shows up.

#2xbaja1000winner

#2014SCOREChampionship

#145mph

#youneedarealmotor

#100%legal

#960horsepower

#keeptryinglittlefella

#racebitdinstead

#youliterallyhavenochance

#onlyprotestifyouactuallyfinish

#hellokittyshouldbethenameofyourtruck

Kent Kroeker.jpg

Chris_Wilson

We are planning to race CODE instead of SCORE. Primarily a financial decision. Might run the 1000 though.

The rule book has not been changed regarding the use of aftermarket fuel injection in Class 8. Savage always said it was not allowed. But now it's ok just due to the personnel change? OK but would of been nice if everyone knew that.

Have fun beating garage teams with your million dollar program (or have fun racing by yourself). BTW, your illegal engine did not win the 1000 for you, you guys won it because you were the best team with best prep.

Congrats on the win, but you did not need to cheat to win.

John Bitting

Administrator
Really wish that class would grow big again but with 792 other classes I just don't see it happening. It was the best to watch for me personally.

Mark Newhan

We are planning to race CODE instead of SCORE. Primarily a financial decision. Might run the 1000 though.

The rule book has not been changed regarding the use of aftermarket fuel injection in Class 8. Savage always said it was not allowed. But now it's ok just due to the personnel change? OK but would of been nice if everyone knew that.

Have fun beating garage teams with your million dollar program (or have fun racing by yourself). BTW, your illegal engine did not win the 1000 for you, you guys won it because you were the best team with best prep.

Congrats on the win, but you did not need to cheat to win.
Chris,

The engine uses factory fuel injection, which is legal. Several years ago I personally talked to Savage about using an LS engine. He said that it would be legal, but the engine would have to be all GM, no aftermarket block. This V10 engine is all factory Mopar.

If the ford V10 that comes in Ford trucks was as good as the SRT10, everybody would be using them.

As for the million dollar program, that is Kent's truck that he built and rebuilt... Just because the Mills team is well funded, the old Dodge is still 100% garage built. I would know!!

The death of class 8 might just be attributed to the Martyr mentality. Class 8 back in the day was as heavily funded as the TT teams of today, era to dollar.

Kent works pretty hard to keep elevating the stable that he is in charge of. He is never satisfied at being good...

His personality is WFO. His posts on here are a bit provocative, but to him it's all in good fun.

Calling someone a "cheater" implies that they are trying to pull something over on someone. I'm not sure what the SCORE tech director has said about any challenge...

BCG1

Wow, Kent. Gloating is so tacky. Are you this big an friend in real life or is this just your keyboard persona?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Kent Kroeker

The backstory is that we got protested at the finish of the 1000 - ok - legit - someone didn't know that the SRT10 blocks were aluminum. Quick search on Google and voila - problem solved.

But it doesn't end there - the protests continue!

More block protests prior to the awards presentation and on and on - even after the we got the check from SCORE! hahah! When I signed us up for the 2015 San Felipe 250, we were still getting protested. First for having an aluminum block (stock) then having aftermarket induction - which is also stock.

I mean, who does that? Someone who possesses an overwhelming, disproportionate amount of butthurt, that's who!

So anyway, I was not so much gloating, just marking territory as a Butthurt Free Zone.

Chris, Noah, and whoever else - our truck is 100% legal. It's configured the same way it was in 2011 when we won the 1000, and the same way it was for the 2012 season of BITD and the same way it was when Noah beat it in the 2014 IV 250. No protests in four years? Must not be a technical problem; must be something emotional.

Butthurt is not a reason to protest because butthurt is not illegal in desert racing; illegal butthurt only occurs in wrestling.

In wrestling you can protest the dreaded, "Oil Check."

But if you're a desert racer, you just have to live with it.

Illegal move.jpeg

Regulator1

We will be racing the V-10 Gustav Uber 8 - especially if Noah Ostanik shows up.

#2xbaja1000winner

#2014SCOREChampionship

#145mph

#youneedarealmotor

#100%legal

#960horsepower

#keeptryinglittlefella

#racebitdinstead

#youliterallyhavenochance

#onlyprotestifyouactuallyfinish

#hellokittyshouldbethenameofyourtruck

View attachment 149125

Wow Kent, you definitely get an A for comedy in your post. Perhaps before you slam me (in good fun in a public forum) you should speak at length with SCORE about what the protest was for. We were planning to protest you all along for the aluminum block and the illegal fuel injection. Turns out, you found a loop hole with the SRT-10, good on ya kid, way to be creative. The custom fuel injection however is and has always been a major no no. If you don't know that you are simply too new to the class. I did not protest before, because even though we were out funded a gazillion to one, we still gave you a run or your money You guys were in then out of the 1000 and then back in at the very last minute. A privateer like me needs a championship to secure a tire deal for a season. $400 a project tire is a piss in the bucket to the guy that writes your team's checks, not the same for us. When you guys reentered you forced our hand. You as well as anyone that knows anything about SCORE on RDC knows that their processes and the handling of things are let's just say not up to standards.

As for your motor program that is going to revolutionize the sport, yatta, yatta, yatta, best of luck to you when you run it in TT where it belongs as an unlimited system.

As for running against you, I will line up against you boys any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

Bring that truck to BITD (because there is nobody left in SCORE) and lets have some fun on the race course. Get the old class 8 coalition going again, and see if we can reignite the fire in class 8.

That being said, you know we can run with you, we have handed your ass to you, just as you have handed our ass to us, but leave the junior varsity comments about my program and my guys on the sidelines.

Hope to see you in Parker or somewhere else on the BITD schedule in 2015.

Noah

az_amsoil

I officially protest any and all "Oil Check"

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

DNplywelwitothas

Should be a class 10 truck
Can I run a v8 in my class 7?
I will electronically disconnect 1 cylinder per revolution in the best sequence
This should be then a v6

Kent Kroeker

Goshdangit, Newhan! That won't do any good! SCORE has been providing information like that for months - to no avail.

Logic, reason and empirical data are no match for the magical power of Butthurt!

Butthurt turns rules into, "loopholes," decisions into, "conspiracy," and "winning" into "cheating."

It's magical - as long as you're not a rational human being!

VIEJAS_RACING

Sorry, but I'm new to this Class 8 Drama. What Year(Frame)/Model/Motor is the Truck? What are the issues?
I understand:
1) Engine Block (Aluminum).
2) Fuel Injection (Factory stock vs Custom).

What Else??????