Who is the most accomplished off-road desert racer?

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
Would be cool to see a spread sheet on LR, Rob Mac, Ivan, just for desert racing at pro level. Maybe a points scale. LR has been racing 50 years so going to take some time to figure that out.
1st 5 pt
2nd 3 pt
3rd 1 pt-

Advertising supports this site

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Would be cool to see a spread sheet on LR, Rob Mac, Ivan, just for desert racing at pro level. Maybe a points scale. LR has been racing 50 years so going to take some time to figure that out.
1st 5 pt
2nd 3 pt
3rd 1 pt-
Robs been racing for about 40 years as well.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
To truly put a list together you must first define the word "accomplished"

accomplished​

adjective

ac·com·plished | \ ə-ˈkäm-plisht , -ˈkəm- \

Definition of accomplished

1a: proficient as the result of practice or training, an accomplished dancer also : skillfully done or produced an accomplished film
b: having many social accomplishments
2: established beyond doubt or dispute an accomplished fact

With the word defined, you can see that there is no possible way to pick just one. Anyone that is good in the sport is "accomplished" The list is endless in length!

Now, if we are debating who is the BEST DRIVER then that is a completely different discussion and there will be many many differing options on that because it is impossible to determine who is the best.

For me personally, I feel that anyone that has been able to genuinely make a living racing is "accomplished" I am a nobody in racing...you won't find my name in any record books and probably not on any SCORE entry or finisher lists because I was never the rider or record, but after completing more than a dozen SCORE races and helping win a championship some might consider me "accomplished", however, I don't think that about myself.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
RobMac is the best currently active racer. No question. But, this sport is so unique and open to innovations, that racers who also build their own vehicles (Curt Leduc) or figured out How to race Better (Corky McMillin) are just as important. And ANYBODY who figures out early how to get sponsors to pay for your addiction (like RobMac)? That guy is killing it. Why do you think he's always smiling at the Start Line?😀

Baja4Autism

RDC Crypto
Website
www.class11coalition.com
Honorable Mention: Dave 'The King' Hendrickson. Although Dave never made it into a TT or Class 1, he certainly has his share of wins in limited class cars in both the desert and short course. Him and his dad were part of the Big Blue M in the early years. He also banged doors with the best of the best over his forty plus years of racing and has given some of today's best unlimited class drivers their first chance in a car (Steele and Bean to name a couple).

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
Why Yuck? He is the winningest F1 driver in the history of the sport with the same amount of championships as MS. This year he is obviously struggling.
hmmm, with out going all purpley, he 'took a knee' because he was told to, Nigel Mansel woulda said 'piss off' to that particular communist front group that has allmost all major pro sports scared like little puppys, i hate Any pro sports figures with zero back bone& the only allegiance they have is to thier bank account.f l h

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
Ivan Stewart interview from 2016 where he talks about who he thinks were the great drivers:

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
Who is going to do it ha. I might
I would love to see real data. So hard to pick one but a spreadsheet might show a clear winner as far as wins at the pro level. No short course or amateur points just desert races. maybe easiest to track B500 and B1000. for the last 50 years.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
I would love to see real data. So hard to pick one but a spreadsheet might show a clear winner as far as wins at the pro level. No short course or amateur points just desert races. maybe easiest to track B500 and B1000. for the last 50 years.
We have some data under results so should be easy for the last say 20 years.

But even then people will still argue aside the data of wins. What defines "accomplished"?

Wins?
Miles raced?
Sponsored by others?
New friends made in racing?
Price winnings?
Race cars not destroyed?
Amount of social media followers?
Engagement from or with followers?

What is the metric of accomplishment?

Last edited:

mgobaja

RDC Crypto

But even then people will still argue aside the data of wins. What defines "accomplished"?

Wins?
Miles raced?
Sponsored by others?
Price winnings?
Race cars not destroyed?

Like with most anything, one can tailor the data to meet ones needs that best provides the desired result.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
We already did something like this and everyone was really mad at Fish afterwards.

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto

Wins?
Miles raced?
Sponsored by others?
Price winnings?
Race cars not destroyed?

We all race to win. Who has the most podium points of baja 500 and baja 1000 for the last 50 years? Win has more weight but 3rd is still somthing that should count. I think Bike points should count for LR. But curios what it looks like with no bike points too.

1st 5 pt
2nd 3 pt
3rd 1 pt

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
We all race to win. Who has the most podium points of baja 500 and baja 1000 for the last 50 years? Win has more weight but 3rd is still somthing that should count. I think Bike points should count for LR. But curios what it looks like with no bike points too.

1st 5 pt
2nd 3 pt
3rd 1 pt
Good point and thats why I would race.
And the non-linear points spread supports that point.

But All?
Do you think ______ races to win races or win IG followers?