Who lives the furthest away from SoCal ?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I receice foreign e-mail every once in a while and its cool to know people from far away read this site.

Now for those that are far away....where are you from and how did you find us ?
What form of offroad is happening where you are at ?

Note: CA, AZ, NV, BC(Baja) residents... DO NOT POST.

farmboy

Reaction
Don't know if it counts or not, but even though my thing says korea, now I'm in Okinawa. As far as offroad here, not much. There is no dezert. Suzuki Samarui's pretty much are the most capable offroad vehicle because the tight trails through the jungle are even to narrow for a yota, but it's all crawlin or as somebody from work today said, "mud riding".

JasonHutter

Reaction
I'd say he's got us beat!

Jason

JeffS

Reaction
And Jason's got me beat. just barely.

freddy

Reaction
Hi!

My name is Fredrik and I live in sweden, i do not know if it is as far away as Korea, but it is pretty far away. I think it is a 12 hour flight, which is far to long.

I do not remember how I found the site, sometimes you just got to be lucky, I guess? But now I visit the site everyday and have learned alot from reading the forum. For example I got some good tips on parts to buy for my truck. It is a 91 Toyota 4wd truck, which soon will have a Caddy-kit on.

The off-road scene here in sweden is not that big and there are not many places to ride on. I hope I can find some place to ride when my truck is ready!

Thanks

Fredrik
Sweden

01Baja4x4

Reaction
Wow! I'm willing to bet you'll be the only one in Sweden with a TC Caddy kit on your truck! That's pretty damn cool.

-Tim

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I know Glenn AKA "Bomber52" hasnt posted in a while he owns Radflo shocks he came to socal and I showed him around he is from South Africa its like a 22 hr flight? Hows that for distance?....Mike

Bomber52

Reaction
Hi

As Mike says, I live in Johannesburg in South Africa, and yes it is a 22-23 hour journey to get to LA.

We have a lively offroad racing scene in South Africa. Our vehicles include buggies, production vehicles as well as the same type of trucks that Nissan race in the Paris- Dakar.

Glenn

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
My buddy just got back from S. Africa and did the highest bunge jump in the world. Is that picture of it in you avitar?

Bomber52

Reaction
Yes

The jump in my bio pic is from the Victoria falls bridge gorge in Zambia. It was unbelievable.

Glenn

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Yeah it is like 600 feet I believe or I guess that would be like 200 meters? F'ing crazy!!!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Im in mexicali,mexico practically SOCA, but for this years San Felipe Code 200 i had 2 copilots from Hamburg, Germany Swen Storcker and Frank Burmeister. They got the ride after A marketimg firm in Hamburg (S&K marketing) that promotes Tequilla Sierra in Germany did an internet and bar contest, where the winner got a trip Hamburg-LA-Mexicali-San Felipe Los Angeles for a week and a ride in el tiburon.. Klaus got sh...t face with them in San Felipe. This was all posible because of a thread posted on this fine fine website regarding riding in a race car for a fee, which caught the eye of one of the exec's of the mkt firm.... We are allready working on next years race... The winners had never seen a baja race bug, had never seen an off road race on Tv, never been in a desert, and had never even been to America !!!

So Hamburg is not so far away, but this webpage got a couple of Germans a trip to San Felipe and hooked on off road racing for good....... THX RDC........

Electrons_Rule

Reaction
Michigan here.....

While not nearly far enough to win - I might have a chance at the most miles travelled to go to desert races...

erikh

Reaction
I get to travel coast to coast in three days just to head south to Mexico for the 1000. Two years in a row of doing this for one race a year. I'm spitting distance to the Atlantic in Wilmington, NC and will land in San Diego, then get picked up by a team mate at the airport for the ride to Ensenada. Can't wait!

Nickstrix, PM me if you ever head over here to the coast.

erik

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I do believe OBR145(?) lives in NSW Western Australia I do believe. That is really far!

blurredvision1

Reaction
OBR184 lives in Western Australia, which is still kind of remote even in our own country.
RaceDezert is a big drawcard just too pick minds on all things offroad. That is how and why i have found the site.
Allways informative!

Prater

Reaction
I'm in Michigan as well.