who makes bumps

sirhk100

Reaction
Can someone list all the bumpstop manufacturers? Anyone know of a company that makes them with a stroke less then 4"???

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Donahoe

Reaction
You can shorten all of them

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

sirhk100

Reaction
Is shortening them something I can do or is it something I have to send out to have done? If I had to send them out to have them shortened what kinda ball park price am I looking at to have it done?

Thanks,
Khris

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Kris, if you order them directly from the company I am sure they can do it for you before then send them to you. I am not sure on the price though.

Go Big Or Go Home

BradM

Reaction
Marvin Shaw in AZ also makes bumps. His number is in the back of Dusty Times

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Get the stroke limited when you get them valved...assuming you are getting them valved.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

sirhk100

Reaction
The reason I'm asking is that I'd love to use a set on the rear of my Exploder but I want to keep everything under the floor. Don't really want stuff in the cab. I'm tight on space back there and actually the stroke isn't really the problem. It's actually the length of the can (not the mounting can that's welded on) When you shorten the stroke do they shorten the can too? I'll have to take some measurements to see what I need. I remember I took the ones that I mounted up front and for them to work in the rear I litterally had to mount it so that the schraeder valve was like 1/4" under the floor. I'd be worried the the body could flex more then 1/4" and hit them. Anyways, thanks for all the info.... I'll get some measurements and make some calls to see what it'll cost and see if anyone can do what I need for a reasonable price.
Khris

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

ntsqd

Reaction
Can't you simply run less pressure in them and let them hang lower than maybe you'd like ?
There's a special tool made specifically for mildly clearencing floorboards in situations like that. Put a Ball Pein hammer with the ball end against the floor where you need the clearence dimple, and hit it with a hard rubber mallet. A dead blow mallet preferably.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages