Who makes the best gears for 091 Bus box 1-1600?

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
I'm asking this question for my brother-in-law who still doesn't have internet access at home.

Who makes the best gear sets for an 091 bus box, considering quality and price. WP? RC Trans? Gene Berg? Whoever? He has a 1-1600 and races short course in the CORR series. So we were both kind of curious what you guys all run in the desert for durability vs. cost.

Also, if there are any short course people on here that can help us out with proper gear ratios and R&P it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

<font color=orange>"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."</font>

#324 CORR Single Buggy
Leonard Lindquist

#817 CORR Stock Truck

Bill Schmitt

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Call Rancho Performance Transaxels in Anaheim CA 800-304-8726 and ask for Sam this guy has built alot of 091 bus boxes and would be able to answer your question...Mike

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Check Dave Folts too. His shop is in brea I believe.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Sam @ Ranco is the man! I would bring it to him.

JoeB

Reaction
Todd Attig would know all the information. He used to build the trannies for Mark Steinhardt. He still might. I know Todd built all of Steven Federico's trannies also when he was racing 1600. Todd would know all the gear ratios and kinds of gears that is currently winning in CORR. Todd's phone number is (815) 285-4376. When we raced 1600, we used Weddle Performance gears. Never had a single problem with them. R & P's were the biggest problem. Give Todd a call to find out what he uses though.

Joe

MNotary

Reaction
You might be able to skip a big learning curve by going to Attig or Jeff St. Peter.

Weddle has some good info. Most gears come from the same place. I get my stuff from Weddle.

P.S. I would be hard pressed to give up my ratios. I will suggest staying with a 002 instead of the 091. The 002 gear box I bought from St. Peter, although made for a Super, lasted for years.