randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
I do!
Just a shameless plug for my shop, really slow! Can make you whatever
you want, though!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
The strongest? Or the longest lasting that don't spit the liners out?

You can never go wrong with Auroras.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
AURORA BEARING CO. call john mcCrory 630-859-2030. get your demensions before you call him He does not like strokers BTW get your wallet out perfection is PRICELESS.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I have had Aurora's go bad. I have even spent the big buck on the stainless steels ones. FK seem to be the best for the money. Best thing to do is allthough the strength yield is very high on most rod ends, used the biggest one you can in the location... they last longer with big (keep your minds out of the gutter) balls! The larger the sperical ball the more surface area on the teflon. Also the mounting method plays a role in the longivety.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I would say the best is NHBB then it is a either Aurora or FK I like FK better but they are both very close. Other than that all other brands aren't even close....

BajaFand

Reaction
NHBB are the best but they are also twice the price of everything else.

Justin

Reaction
The best place I have found for the NHBB rod ends is Lamb Componets (909) 985-1901 ask for Betty. Cheaper than all of the "off road" stores.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
You guys are NUTS!!! and that's coming from someone who doesn't mind spending money on my rig. . .but give me a break!!! The prices I just saw on Lamb Components website are RETARDEDLY RIDICULOUS!!!

$76-$150 (and up) for rod ends. . .NO WAY JOSE!!!

For the buggy we just built we got our rod ends from A&A Manufacturing for less than $20 a pop and they came in Aurora Bearing bags brand new. . .so thanks but no thanks. . .I no there are different classes of rod ends as well. . .and I can still buy them cheaper through someone like BTF or Ballistic Fabrication than that for the HD series. . .

. . .please let me know if I'm missing something REALLY big here, but I don't think that I'm missing anything $50+ a pop more expensive big. . .with the number of rod ends on a vehicle that's a LOT of money. . .our buggy has 16 rod ends on it. . .that would be $800-$1600 additional cost in rod ends alone!!!

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
You guys are NUTS!!! and that's coming from someone who doesn't mind spending money on my rig. . .but give me a break!!! The prices I just saw on Lamb Components website are RETARDEDLY RIDICULOUS!!!

$76-$150 (and up) for rod ends. . .NO WAY JOSE!!!

For the buggy we just built we got our rod ends from A&A Manufacturing for less than $20 a pop and they came in Aurora Bearing bags brand new. . .so thanks but no thanks. . .I no there are different classes of rod ends as well. . .and I can still buy them cheaper through someone like BTF or Ballistic Fabrication than that for the HD series. . .

. . .please let me know if I'm missing something REALLY big here, but I don't think that I'm missing anything $50+ a pop more expensive big. . .with the number of rod ends on a vehicle that's a LOT of money. . .our buggy has 16 rod ends on it. . .that would be $800-$1600 additional cost in rod ends alone!!!
Have you ever spent the money on FK, Aurora, or NHBB? Most on here have and they will ALL say the best is NHBB, FK, or Aurora. It is not "Who makes the cheapest" it is "Who makes the BEST". In this case you DO get what you pay for. Yes the best will cost more but they will also last two to three times longer. So in the long run you got to use a way better rod end and spent the same or less amount of money.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
What he said^^^^^

Hold on to your seats, while I'm agreeing with Jerry let Me add also that the higher end rod ends are much more consistent in there movement. I have gotten cheap ones that are so tight it takes a large wrench to get the ball to turn. Then another from the same batch will have a ball that is loose. If you go with one of the 3 listed above, they will all be the same, part of the reason for thier longer life.

OffRoadGeorge

Reaction
Thanks guys I will plan to get the NHBB....as I am after saftey, long life and less breakage.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I realize you get what you pay for. . .big proponent of that. . .

. . .but I'm also saying that I just used Aurora bearings in our single seat STV (sport terrain vehicle) buggy. . .we ordered them from A&A Manufacturing and they came brand new in the Aurora bags and had Aurora stamped into the ball itself. . .for 1/2" rod ends we paid less than $10 ea.

. . .what I'm now asking is there obviously must be different grades of Aurora bearings because I can't see one retailer selling the same part for 10x as much as another retailer??? A&A is a circle track automotive supplier speciallizing in laser-cut brackets/fittings, etc.

Sorry. . .I just nearly had a heart attack when I saw $70+ for rod ends when the most expensive ones I had previously seen were ~$35. . .although I do see that the big price jump comes when you shift up to 1.0" and larger rod ends. . .since we were building a lighter rig we ended up not needing anything larger than 1/2". . .

. . .what about the QA1 XM series of rod ends??? Seems like that is what the majority of the off-road fabricators are using/selling/???

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Aurora & NHBB probably make 10 different versions of a 1/2" x 1/2" heim. Some of them are exact duplicates but are aircraft rated so the price refelects that..

atomicjoe23

Reaction
That's what I figured. . .

. . .quick repeat question. . .what about the quality of the QA1 XM series of rod ends???

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
That's what I figured. . .

. . .quick repeat question. . .what about the quality of the QA1 XM series of rod ends???
They are made in China and they do not last. We use to sell these and the quality went way down hill. We now only sell the top 3 brands.

43mod

Reaction
what about boots or ?.i have seen people talk of them but never seen one.do they help and where do you find them.